[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is anybody else seeing the creepy ass shit Facebook is pulling?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 8
File: facebook_censor-190x110.jpg (6 KB, 190x110) Image search: [Google]
facebook_censor-190x110.jpg
6 KB, 190x110
Is anybody else seeing the creepy ass shit Facebook is pulling?

They can listen in on your conversations now.. Anywhere your phone mic can hear, Facebook can hear.
>>
The only way to guard yourself against this is taking the brown pill.

>>>/trash/40797
>>
So what? They can hear me taking a dump.

Unless your some business official with trade secrets or some bullshit, I don't see why you'd care. Sure they probably can listen through microphone, but the algorithms probably run it through something like Shazam to hear if you're listening to any sort of music. I doubt they keep /use /have a human actually listen for anything else... Imagine the amount of space they'd need for every fucking person.

Also, I have some tin foil left over from my Costco pizza if you want it for your hat collection. Still has some pepperoni on it.
>>
>you have Facebook apps installed
why would you ever
>>
>>51259827
>Oh yeah let someone peep into my house through the windows. I don't give a fuck, because what I'm doing is not illegal. He can even watch me piss. Hell, I'll even show him my SS number and give him accurate copies of personal speech recognition and fingerprint data. Now, to think what he will do with all that, is not my concern. I wasn't doing anything illegal, so I'm safe.

Take a Brown Pill you fucking Blue-Pilled bastard
>>/trash/40797
>>
File: image.jpg (75 KB, 492x500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
75 KB, 492x500
>>51259934
FUCK YEAH SEAKING

>>>/trash/40797
>>
>>51259827
He said while posting anonymously. What do you have to hide, citizen? Only criminals want to be anonymous.
>>
>>51259592
Facebook is and always has been a shady company.

I wish myspace never went out of style. They at least were a cool website for finding and sharing original music.
>>
>>51259592
>fb app installed
literally why

can't you use facebook in your browser?
>>
Why would you care? The amount of space and manpower to have a human analyze everything you say during an average of 16 hours a day is not feasible. You would need to double the population and employ them under Facebook. Don't forget the NSA does this too. So triple our current population just to spy.

It's not feasible. Any data recorded is being processed by machines and only reviewed by humans if key terrorism words are flagged.

>why don't you post your information here on 4chan
Easily the most retarded attempt at dismantling the argument I've ever seen created. The difference between government officials and data centers scanning for buzzwords and some keyboard warrior or stranger on the street is night and day. Don't be a retard about this.
>>
File: shill.jpg (2 KB, 80x80) Image search: [Google]
shill.jpg
2 KB, 80x80
>>51261169
>Only criminals want to be anonymous.
fuck you
>>
>using facebook anything
>>
>androind

Good to be part of the WindowsPhone masterrace, such shit doesn't fly here.
>>
File: QuickMemo+_2015-11-09-05-13-07.png (108 KB, 720x1200) Image search: [Google]
QuickMemo+_2015-11-09-05-13-07.png
108 KB, 720x1200
>not disabling permissions
>>
>>51262368
Literal placebo switches.
>>
>>51262402
they do actually work. If I try to record a video it wont open the camera, and whenever I accidentally open the stupid google now shit it just tells me it can't access the microphone because I have that disabled.
>>
>>51259592
Simple don't be a pleb and uninstall Facebook. If u have to use it in a browsed
>>
Everybody knows that. Use Tinfoil for Facebook. Basically the same shit minus spying.
>>
>>51261169
get prostate cancer already and fuck off from this planet
>>
>>51262402
Your mind is a placebo, you think you're using it but you're actually not
>>
>>51262151
>using Facebook
>>
>>51262424
Yes, it's disabled for YOU.
>>
File: 1446781945145.jpg (120 KB, 1280x690) Image search: [Google]
1446781945145.jpg
120 KB, 1280x690
>having facebook installed on your phone
>>
>>51259592
>facebook
>privacy
pick one

>not using the only respectable social media platform available
https://twitter.com/
>>
>>51262867
This man knows what he's talking about.
>>
>>51259592
>_still_ doesn't know or believe echelon and PRISM exist
>willingly uses life invader
>on a phone

never go full full retard.
>>
Jokes on you I dropped my phone in the toilet and my mic no longer works

But seriously we moved from new Hampshire to Missouri and my wife (who only uses Facebook to talk to family/friends) got a post on her wall from Facebook asking would you wear this sweatshirt? "Just a new Hampshire girl in a Missouri world"
>>
>>51259592
> using Facebook
Get out of /g/
>>
Don't know why they bothered. All the drug dealing nignogs posted their crimes online anyways. At least they learned how to use the privace settings.
>>
>>51259827
yes.
good goy.
>>
>>51262867
If you want to be a fkn ISIS member that is
>>
>>51262904
Did she buy it? Did you fug afterwards?
>>
>>51259592
Anybody that installs a standalone Facebook app on their telephone probably doesn't care about their conversations and definitely deserves what they get.
>>
>>51259827
>gov can always listen in
>'it's fine!'
>>
>>51262953
well meme'd, friend.
>>
>>51262324
>>51262596
Obvious sarcasm
>>
>>51262607
Underrated.
>>
>>51263041
Twitter is dope as fuck. One of the first companies to implement Mozilla's do not track on their own initiative. Easy to access via vpn or tor because they don't block ip's. 10/10 company
>>
>>51263163
Also you don't have to verify your account with a phone number. That's mandatory for Facebook as far as I know but there might be a way around it.
>>
>>51259592
>using someone else's computer
>using an app which belongs to someone else
>complaining about how that guy prefers to use his app and computer
Welcome to real world.Where freedom comes at cost.
>>
>>51262189
So if I say some shit like "I got fuckin bombed last night" or something else that could be interpreted in multiple ways I get flagged and my shit gets gone through. It doesn't stop shit it just fucks over regular citizens.
>>
>>51262596
TB we've talked about this, the last time you said this it bit you in the ass. Literally.
>>
>>51259592
http://www.webpronews.com/facebook-listens-2015-02/
Wow, I didn't know about that.
Has anyone tested this out? Does facebook need to be running or does it work in the background as well?
>>
>>51259592
How can they do anything when I don't have the default shitbook app anyway?
>>
>>51259827
lol
>>
>>51259827
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>51262368
Kek. Get Xprivacy, Anon-kun, it's less likely to a placebo.
>>
>>51259592
You're a retard
>>
>>51263360
>Sees one instance of the use
>Sees that you were talking about drinking
>Unflagged
>Bonus: you'll never ever meet the person who read 6 of your messages and even if you did meet him he's under confidentiality to never speak of it to you.

Essentially it doesn't affect you in any way except that you were almost protected from a terrorist attack
>>
>>51259827
Post your personal info right now if you really don't care
>>
File: 1446543452906.jpg (366 KB, 664x1000) Image search: [Google]
1446543452906.jpg
366 KB, 664x1000
>>51259592
Well no one is forcing you to use facebook or the facebook app. Just uninstall the app or delete your account
>>
So lets be honest, how many people use facebook and how many facebook employees are there?

You cant imagine they have the money to pay employees to review your conversations, even if you say keywords like ISIS.

Im sure even though I just typed a keyword into chrome no employee will ever look at it and it will be deleted within 3 minutes.
>>
>>51267305
okie dokie
>>
>>51267354
People have been noticing targeted ads relating to vocal conversations

my polish friend also noticed this

its getting fucking creepy

someone even tested it by leaving Spanish TV station on, later they got ads for Spanish products.

If they can target a conversation for ads, they can tag it for later use of the NSA much like what 4chan does.
>>
Nope because I don't use trashbook.

:^)
>>
>>51267441
I wouldnt know I dont use facebook, but dont you use ublock anyways?
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.