[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I never post on /g/ but I'm considering buying a laptop
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: 464775.jpg (214 KB, 617x886) Image search: [Google]
464775.jpg
214 KB, 617x886
I never post on /g/ but I'm considering buying a laptop good for gaming and I'm wondering what you guys recommend. No fancy descriptions please, I'm pretty new to this.

Pic unrelated.
>>
>>51259409
A Chromebook and a gaming desktop.

Seriously. Very few people have a need for gaming on the go, so with a gaming laptop what you end up with is an expensive computer that isn't very good for gaming and that isn't very portable.
>>
>>51259409
Anything with at least a gt 840m or higher, or r9 graphics.
>>
File: 184701218905.jpg (595 KB, 988x1318) Image search: [Google]
184701218905.jpg
595 KB, 988x1318
>>51259455
This. Of course you need to install a Linux distro on the chromebook if you want to escape the botnet.
>>
Yeah just get any laptop that isn't some alienware shit.

Lurk logical increments and maybe /r/buildapc and see if you would be open to building your own. You'd probably save a lot of money given the performance you want in the long run.
>>
>>51259455
this is true. At first you feel like you are ready for gaming but then you buy a tower for $100 less and find it out performs any played games.
>>
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834233111

You can get this one for $100 off with the promo code. I haven't decided if I want to get it or wait until cyber monday
>>
>>51259409
From personal exp. I own Z710 - do not buy gaming laptop. Big, fat, hard to carry, battery lasts ~3h. Best solution as mentioned before - small laptop and gaming tower.
>>
>>51259409
Thinkpad X220 or T420 and a gaming desktop.

If you're poorfagging it get the T420 and an external GPU setup to connect to the PCI-E Mini connector.
>>
>>51259409
Give me sauce, and I won't scold you for bringing up this "gaming laptop" meme.
>>
File: gt72s_2.jpg (2 MB, 3200x2400) Image search: [Google]
gt72s_2.jpg
2 MB, 3200x2400
a friend of mine bought a MSI GT72S last week. He is pretty happy with it, although it was a bit pricey. Still a better choice than alienware notebooks
>>
For people like you, /g/ usually recommends >>>/v/

Get your own hardware threads dammit
>>
>>51260868
reverse image search you cunt
>>
asus rog
>>
>>51259409

That doujin was such a disappointment
>>
Clevo P870DM with a dedicated gtx 980 (not m)
>>
>>51262794
Asus rog is very good for gaming. Most of these new gaming laptops cost about 2000 usd. Google top gaming laptops. Razer blade is good and light. Im getting myself a razer blade for xmas. Asus rog is def the best one yet tho. Its heavy and big. It wouldnt be comfortable to lug it arround. I suggest you try ebay. You can get a used razer blade for 1000 usd.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.