[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why is my iphone 6s plus amp louder and better quality than my
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: kojima-main.jpg (152 KB, 700x500) Image search: [Google]
kojima-main.jpg
152 KB, 700x500
why is my iphone 6s plus amp louder and better quality than my pc motherboard one..?
>>
>>51258159
Why is the amp in the 6s worse than previous iPhoned?
>>
>>51258194
This is the real eat shit from hands question.
>>
>>51258159
>why is my iphone 6s plus amp louder and better quality than my pc motherboard one..?

Answer: It's not.
>>
>>51258159
Why do you consume fecal matter with the use of your upper appendages?
>>
>>51258159
Because you have a shitty motherboard, probably. Paid like $80 for it. Quality of the sound components was likely the least of their concerns.

Apple are pretty good about the sound components in their iPod/iPhone lines, they stem from the iPod after all, music is a big point of their existence.
>>
>>51258239
>>51258663
/thread
>>
iphone 6s plus costs more than your motherboard
>>
Do you eat shit out of your own hands my friend?
>>
Why is it obviously inferior compared to any other phone?
>>
>>51258755
It's not tho.
It's one of the major selling points of the phone.
iPhones are renown for their audio quality.
>>
did you rike it?
>achoo
hay fever
>>
>>51258791
Are you seriously trying to say because it has sales it's decent...? That's your rebuttal...?
>>
>>51258887
I'm saying its proven to be an excellent phone in terms of SQ, one of the best.
http://www.kenrockwell.com/apple/iphone-5/audio-quality.htm
>>
>>51258159

Because the iPhone retails for >$600

Your motherboard was in the tesco bargin bin for $32 or something.
>>
>>51258905
>kenrockwell
I don't trust him for anything.
>>
>>51259035
You don't have to trust shit, read the measurements
It's not opinion, its measured objective fact.
>>
File: bender.png (140 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
bender.png
140 KB, 640x480
I know enough about audio to answer this. So, it all comes down to voltage. Both the iphone and the motherboard are around 1v rms. The iphone has unusually high output for a portable device. Although they might seem even, motherboards tend to have very high output impedance (~80 ohm). This will dramatically lower voltage into low impedance headphones, but not so much for high impedance headphones. And 80 ohm is if you put the realtek chip into headphone mode. When people forget to do that and leave it in speaker mode, the output impedance is >200 ohm.

One of the ironies of the high output impedance is that the 32 ohm version of beyerdynamic headphones can be quieter than the 250 ohm version with 80 ohm output impedance. (The whole selling point of the 32 ohm version is that they are easier to drive)
>>
>>51258159
because your motherboard doesn't have an amp
>>
>>51259118
So in retarded and didn't really understand this. But since you seem to know things, why does my volume from the mobo max my headphones out around 30 percent. Aka 0-30 the volume changes, but 30-100 it stays the same. Using both ath m50s and hd598s, same issue.
>>
>>51258159
thank me later
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1rXcJuEsy0
>>
>>51258159
Because realtek is bargain bin shit.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.