[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ask Verizon anything
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 7
File: 3456345743563457435756.png (317 KB, 620x347) Image search: [Google]
3456345743563457435756.png
317 KB, 620x347
Back again to dodge exact technical questions and to spill more shiny secrets into the underbelly workings of Verizon.

Ask a Solutions Representative anything.
>>
Let me root my phone you nigger
>>
What is the best deal on a LG V10?
>>
>>51257178
do you work for verizon?
>>
Fucking Jew Nigger
>>
File: 643453656.png (2 KB, 124x172) Image search: [Google]
643453656.png
2 KB, 124x172
>>51257180
No. Fuck you.

That is the official response more or less. We won't even touch a jail broken phone because then people blame us for all the issues that arise from it.

>>51257211
Have to check the promo page but if I recall correctly you get a $300 gift certificate and a huge discount on LG tablets.

No one buys LG here though so I rarely get to show them off. I mean like literally 2 since 2015 began.

>>51257221
Obviously.

>>51257237
Look if you are a poor creditless degenerate we have pre-paid options that are very similar to straight talk or cricket. Plus you get to piggyback off the largest and most reliable 4G network in the US. Don't get uppity because I work for a living and people need phones.
>>
does verizon somehow know that i'm dodging their mobile hotspot fee by installing a custom OS that allows me to do that for free?
>>
Can you hear me now?
>>
>>51257178
Why did you keks cancel the Z4V? My S4 is all fucked up and I was waiting for it to be released to upgrade, Now what the fuck do I get? All the options are shit.
>>
>>51257281
Father passed about 17 years ago but I am sure he did a fine job.

>>51257285
>mobile hotspot fee
You mean on your phone? Neegrow that is free. It is $20 a month for each connected device both smart and basic. Tablets get a drop to $10 and $5 for connected devices like Gizmopals and smart watches. Turn on mobile hotspot isn't anything additional. It all still uses you plan's share data.

>>51257296
>Yes?
>Good!

I miss that guy. He was the closest thing to a real mascot we have ever had.
>>
Let me root my phone
I don't need any apps other than myverizon from you
When is gs7 launching?
>>
>>51257178
How does it feel being on the same level as a greasy used car dealership salesman or shady broker who preys on weak people with high interest loans?
>>
What is the best deal you guys got going now as far as upgrades go?
>>
Will you ever carry the Xperia 5?
>>
>>51257310
We literally do not even have these in our store. I am not even sure I can order them. You must have gone to a local retailer or some experimental region testing out different phone solutions.

We sell Apple, Samsung, Droid, LG, Blackburry, and that fucking worthless piece of shit piss manifested into plastic Lumia windows phones. That is it.

>>51257319
No.
Of course you do.
Soon :^)

>>51257350
Despite what you think Verizon is actually quite dedicated to customer service and retaining value over sharking new adds. We are always encouraged to steal customers and add tablets but they have a huge fucking hard on for NPS. Basically a score customers give our stores after they leave. You can sell 100 tablets a month and bring in $60,000 to the company but if half of them come back angry or returning and your ass is promoted to an AT&T customer right quick.

I used to work in customer retention for AT&T in a call center. Hearing call after call day after day all the disgusting horseshit "car salesmen" did in the stores made me sick. I am actually quite friendly and won't sell anything I do not think the customer needs. I won't put a screen protector under a life proof or sell a quick charge wall mount to a new Turbo 2 customer because I know the box has one. I still make a killing because I am nice and explain things simply and offer recommendations that people trust.

So, bretty gud honestly.
>>
>>51257311
>free
>>
>>51257383
How do you know its all "guys" faggot
>>
What do you think about t-mobile?
>>
Will you unlock the bootloader for the S5 yet? Fuck you.
>>
>>51257383
We are phasing out contracts and moving to Device Payment. Basically from now on you pay full retail for the phone but we lease it. So you only do pieces of it every month. However our new data plans are much cheaper to compensate. Before you got a $700 by paying $300 up front and signing a 2 year contract. However that contract was locked at $40/month per line.

Now we drop that 15-20-25 depending on your data plans and then you just buy the phone over time outright. All in all the same cash flows into Verizon but for the customer you do not have a huge upfront fee, or a 2 year guillotine over your heads. Plus it means you have more cash to spend in store for neato shit since the phone costs nothing walking out.

So say you're on a $100 15/GB Family Share plan (Older) you are paying $40 per phone. We get you on the new plan. $100 for 18/GB Verizon Plan (Current) and drop that to $20 a line. However you now add whatever the phone costs. Most of the current Samsung, Droids, and Apples are $23-27

So overall monthly cost goes up by 3-7 dollars but you are not in a contract and can pay it off over 2 years instead of all at once. It is actually cheaper then contract phones by a large margin.
>>
is google's project fi potentially significant?
>>
>>51257383
Not much
I upgraded to a G4 recently, and the sales person conveniently forgot to tell me that Early Edge program is done, and that my insurance went up (monthly price went up and deductible doubled to 200$ a claim)

Apparently im fucked for early upgrades now which is nice
>>
>>51257487
I should clarify, he did inform me but it was after the G4 was in my hand activated and working on the network
>>
>>51257450
Literally and non-joking dead. They have no signal up here. We live near a major military base with a fuckload of out of staters coming in and realizing their phones don't work. Only Verizon and AT&T up here and AT&T is not working so hot. Pretty comfy market to be honest.

Also their unlimited plans are horseshit. Yeah "unlimited" for 3GB and then you are dropped to 3G and waiting 6 minutes for a youtube video to buffer.

>>51257484
Not to us. Not officially or even in rumblings.

>>51257487
Sorry senpai. I genuinely am sorry that happened. Asurian has their own thing going on and they rarely keep us up to date. We have to find out about it 2nd hand when customers tell us their deductible went from $60 to $140. Most of that we sluff off as "Well their new phone is worth more so that makes sense." Bottom line is though it is cheaper to go through insurance then buying a new phone. Shit happens. You have no idea how many people come in with 4 month old phones, bent the fuck in half, with no insurance and no options.
>>
Finland has unlimited unrated data plans even on the cheapest 10€/months plans. Why is verizon not able to provide that?

Im very happy with you sir!
>>
What's the best carrier and why is it T-Mobile?
Why is verizon doing what T-Mobile has done for years with no contract?
Why the fuck do you use CDMA instead of GSM?
Why is WiMAX not a viable technology?

(I'm a network admin to t-mobile and work with the RF engineers)
>>
Wow, look at those prices.

Boost Mobile sells unlimited talk/text + 5 GB for only $30 / m.

What is the point of using Verizon? when MVNOs reselling he big networks give you so much more bang for the buck?
>>
Any good sales coming up?
>>
>>51257573
Hello Finland. I am America. I have no idea what is going on over there. Sorry about that. We can get in touch with the international team though to hammer out the details because I don't want to give out incorrection information.

>>51257578
>works for t-mobile and thinks it is the best
I suppose I am guilty of the same baise. Root Metrics gave us the shiny medal though senpai.

>adopting a sucsessful business stragety
Because we recognize that as long as one person is willing to do it so must everyone else. You make it sound as if T-M is progressive and cutting edge. The simple fact is they were and are bleeding customers so they broke the jew covenant of 2-yr pricing and went for the fast and easy option of month-to-month to hang on a bit longer. Once Pandora's box was open every major carrier had to adjust their pricing to match or be bled of customers. Come on you know this is basic business.

>CDMA>-<GSM
We like our Phones on our network.

>WiMAX
You're the network admin friendo. You tell me. I sell technology solutions to people in a face to face environment. Finding out about their lives and offering products and services that would fit their needs and wants.

>>51257585
True out pre-paid is a bit pricer then boost. $45 for talk/text+1GB but riddle me this. Who's network are they working off of and who get bumped back to 3G when throughput is high?

>>51257630
Right now just a $20 discount on a Mophie power pack. Nothing amazing. There is that G4 gift card and tablet but no one likes LG up here. Something is rumbling for Black Friday though no ideas what yet though.

Oh and the new Gizmopal 2's came out and you get waived activation and $25 gift card for ToyRus. So you can child tracker your kid for $55 and get them a phone to keep in contact.
>>
>>51257578
WiMAX failed because verizon dropped the ball. GSM is adopted world wide, and CDMA is generally considered bass ackwards. CDMA iirc has some what higher bandwidth for a trade off in shorter cell-to-cell coverage. So you need more towers.
I'm 3rd party/outsourced contract. I have a verizon flip phone for personal use and an S4 active for work.

IIRC Tmo is gaining customers, verizon is holding steady-ish, sprint is basically dead and ATT is failing quick.
>>
>>51257832
The S4 is ATT and shit tier service.
>>
>>51257472
>however our new data plans are much cheaper
Yeah my unlimited data going from $30 to $50.

If they can viably retain unlimited service for $50, why do they charge $45 for 3GB a month?
>>
>>51257849
Because we cannot support people having $50 unlimited data plans.

You know godamn as well as I do that back in the day unlimited data was like 3-6GB a month on those basic phones. Now you can run your fucking live off an unlimited data plan. You can completely replace you home internet service and hit upwards of 80-140GB a month easy. They are being boosted upwards to convince old people who use 2GB a month that the unlimited plan really isn't worth it and to get with the times. Lucky for you we are going to respect the Grand-fathering policy and allow high as fuck data users to keep their plans for a small $20 price hike.

Seriously there are 2 kinds of people with unlimited. The old ancient as hell customers who hardly use any data and save $50 a month on a new plan. Or the fuckers that ruined it for everyone 100GB+ abusers.

You also forgot to mention that now Unlimited can use Device Payment to upgrade. So yeah the price goes up a tiny amount and you get the ability to buy new phones over time instead of walking in with a brand new $700 device you bought off amazon.
>>
>>51257897
>abusers

The cost to carry a Gigabyte of data over 4G networks is somewhere from 7c to 11c per gigabyte.
Averaged, this is 9 cents per GB
At 120GB a month (the average of your 80-140 claim) that's a monthly cost to Verizon of $9.90

Go fuck yourself, fuck your company, and fuck your policies.
>>
Why can't verizon become a wireless isp? I would like to pay $100/month for 200gb of data
>>
>>51257923

This. Verizon is a 200 billion dollar company and only cares about more profit. Same shit with Comcast lying about why they need data caps.
>>
>>51257923
Aint that the sad truth.
>>51257936
Because its a scam. OP has already said
>I sell technology solutions to people in a face to face environment. Finding out about their lives and offering products and services that would fit their needs and wants.

OP and the other sales people genuinely believe that they're help people. Or they know the scam for what it is and they're sad and depressed.

Cmon OP you know its a scam.
>>
>>51257418
Suit retailer here.
Everything this man says about being nice paying up and customer retention is truth.

60% of my customers are returning dudes who travel between cities to see me. Returning customers are the ones with $10,000 budgets and unyielding trust in your skillset. They make my world turn at work (for phat pay checks) not the new customers.

He speaks truth.
>>
>>51257178
Where is Lollipop for the Xperia Z3v? Will we see Marshmallow?
>>
>>51257923
>>51257946

Welcome to the reality of telecommunications. You honestly think it costs $15 for 100 text messages 10 years ago?

The prices are determined by what people will pay and by what the companies decide is profitable. The early adopters of month to month broke that rule because they were about to sink and gave up shekel production for a few more years of life. Forcing everyone else to follow suit. Point is that is business. Getting mad over it is hilariously silly.

You think that internet you buy every month goes that much to function? You think that shirt you wear is actually worth $15? You think gas costs $2.70 because the oil barons have families to feed?

The entire world is run off of supply/demand cost/profit. You want to get pissed at your phone company there are 100 other people shilling you even harder you should be angry at first.

>data caps
Kind of ironic. Out of all the major carriers Verizon is one of the few who doesn't throttle or dial down high end users. T-Mobile's sole claim to life is their unlimited data plans. Which sound amazing until you go past 3GB and are sending smoke signals.

>>51257936
Not profitable. We have home solutions but they are pretty pricey and basically for those select few customers who cannot get a land line but want high speed on our 4G network but also willing to pay the difference.
>>
>>51257971
I know people live their lives and have family. Have friends. Have interests and hobbies and work. I ask questions to get a basic idea of what they do and who they are. Then delve deeper if I sense there is a more important concern. Most older women and men I can safely assume have grandchild. Whom they face time and let use their tablets during the holidays. I mention this fact and allow them to decide if they want an another tablet for the kids sake and their own ease of use by bypassing computers all together. Apps are wonderful for the technologically inept. I won't shark a grand mother and make her buy 4 tabs for her 1 child for bullshit reasons. I am just open to the idea that not everyone in the world is as sharp and cynical as you are. You think that anyone who doesn't shop in 4 separate locations and 2 different carrier to save $21 a month is an idiot.

I have had similair feelings and it made me bad at sales. I always thought ahead and anticipated that the customer had the same perspective and desires as me. Then I let go, found out about the person I was talking to, then showed them what we had and allowed them to decide if they wanted it or not.

It is a crippling irony. Anyone smart enough to round the edges and get every dime out doesn't come into a store and if they have a shred of a conscience finds sales deplorable. You have to resign that line of thinking to reminder you are not everyone. Help them as you would your mother. That is how to sell.
>>
>>51258054
Just curious: Do you get paid a commission off every phone you sell? and does that commission scale if you sell more expensive devices?
>>
>>51258101
Fun fact: We get jack all of fucking shit on what phone you buy. If you buy a $130 Desire or a $10$50 128GB iPhone 6S Plus it doesn't mean a difference to me.

We get paid off multiple categorizes in no particular order.

>New lines
>Customer satisfaction
>How much stuff you sell per new line or renew
>Upgrades
>Tablets

We get a very comfy hourly but the drive to push reps to sell more is there. However I have hit a point of nirvana on the subject. They do not exactly want you to just sell harder. Sharking people and getting negative reaction down the road. No, the incentive is for the rep to really get involved and give solutions. To show the tablets and cases and chargers and drones and whatnot. So many reps have their pattern and their stick to it. Rarely exploring other options that are clearly there but never ventured because the sales rep is afraid of spooking a customer out of what they think is a sure thing.

Just let go, fuck the sales, be nice as hell, be genuine, show everything you got. People pick up on that real vibe you are throwing out and trust you. So when you say this tab will be a great device for them or this $99 case is going to make them happier then this $30 case. They believe you.
>>
Why can't you offer even half as decent service as T-Mobile?
>>
>>51257981
FUCK YOU VERIZON

Why can't anyone give us a straight answer on this?
>>
>>51258257
We either do not know or are under contractual obligation to say zip.
>>
>>51257981

If you had the Z3 or Z3C, you'd have lollipop already, and be very close to getting marshmallow (via Cyanogenmod).
>>
>>51257984
I know that texting has essentially been free (riding off the constant signal a phone uses to link to the network) almost since inception.

Blahblahblah sell me that shit, I know more about it than you do.

>Verizon doesn't throttle
They say they don't throttle. I have logged evidence that they do. I'm waiting for the right time to present that evidence for a meaningful case.
>this message posted from my unlimited Verizon account

>not profitable
Prove it with more than just words.
I can show you evidence of my prior claim, that serving 110* GB (typo in my first post said 120) costs $9.90 to transmit

So a 200GB allowance, at a cost of ~$20 from a bill of $100, isn't profitable?

I'm tired of the Verizon shilling threads, I have seen them on other forums, and I am going to use my 5 years as a Verizon customer and all the things I learned from their shareholder reports + cracking their phones to get rid of you people.
>>
File: 345763474854.png (155 KB, 620x246) Image search: [Google]
345763474854.png
155 KB, 620x246
>>51258375
Good luck
>>
>>51258174
CC rep here:
Tell your colleagues to stop lying to these customers just to earn a sale, we in CC have to clean up your department's messes daily, all your department does is spark a flicker of churn that develops into an inferno we in CC can't control.
The thousands upon thousands of us in CC HQ would appreciate it, thanks.

Sincerely, Verizon Wireless Customer Care (HQ)
>>
>>51258401
I literally feel you brother guy. I was retention for over a year. The shit sales reps spewed infuriated me.

I make every sale and patch as a retention rep first and sales second.

I do appreciate how friendly you guys are and the "Thanks for being part of the team" bit worked into your outro. It is actually kind of enpowering on our end to know you got our backs and when we call in it isn't to some random 6th party center who knows nothing and cares about nothing.

Have a good shift.
>>
I'm overdue on my bill. How long before Verizon cuts off my service?
>>
>>51258478
are you pre paid or post paid?

pre paid, almost immediately

post paid? It may depend on factors such as your billing history and overages.
Typically two months. Sometimes more, sometimes less.
>>
>>51258478
Usually 1-2 months. Call in and schedule a payment plan. It will give you the time you need since we want to work with you to get through a rough patch.
>>
>>51258478
Anytime beyond 30 days
Though, the amount past due plays a factor as well
>>
>>51258401
OP here since I got you in the thread wanted to throw some ?s at you.

What is the biggest fuck up sales reps are doing for you guys? I call 1-3 times a day. Mainly for things we cannot process or fix through MyPOS. I want to avoid creating issues.
>>
>>51258544
Mainly lying and/or not following through on promises they've made. Not setting proper expectations for next month's bill (I understand you guys may not be well versed on how the bill works, but a simple "There will be a bit of proration on your forthcoming bill" would suffice) Refusing to read remarks that we HQ reps leave, disconnecting lines (this only applies to corporate locations, not indirect agents), etc.
>>
What's the best price I can get a 20GB individual plan for?
>>
>>51257923
so much this
>>
>>51258886
Think the going rate is $120 for 20GB and $20 foe each basic/smart phone.
>>
When will the Sony Xperia Z3v get the latest Android software update like it was promised months ago?
>>
>>51259132
Ask android

We sell phones, tablets, wireless hotspots, home phones, and accessories. If you are curious why Sony has not dropped the latest hottest fire then go to them. We sell what they put out. Cannot divine the future.
>>
Why is your phone selection such shit?
I just want a device that would accommodate my manlet hands
iPhones don't count
>>
>>51259162
The interwebs have told me that it is Verizon's fault in not releasing the update, since the regular Z3 on other carriers have it but not the Z3v.
>>
>>51257178
how often do you guys throttle unlimited data users? a few years back i was throttled a lot, now it never happens. you guys give up on he throttling?
>>
>>51259248
From users, managers, and district manager the answer has been the same.

>We do not throttle

I have yet to have a single unlimited customer complain that service has slowed.

>>51259204
Note 5 or Turbo 2. Both those bastards is be a fucking is a large as hell.

Do not do Edge +

That phone is a crack magnet
>>
12 year customer here; still on unlimited. I'm on the road a lot and do a lot of spotify and netflix steaming, averaging 15-20GB a month (no tethering).

Since you profit hungry pricks are actively trying to analy penetrate me for being a loyal customer I've decided to stream full seasons of shows on netflix while I sleep. 1 week into my billing cycle and I'm already at 40GB. I'm also rooted so I'm going to cancel my home internet and start tethering to offset your bullshit price increase. I hope to hit 300GB by the end of the month. Get fucked.
>>
File: 1356005972298.png (183 KB, 447x483) Image search: [Google]
1356005972298.png
183 KB, 447x483
>>51259294
We appreciate your loyalty.
>>
File: sprint logo.jpg (16 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
sprint logo.jpg
16 KB, 480x640
>>51257178
Former verizon customer, now with Sprint

Works well enough in my city, enjoying unlimited 4g for $50 a month

Life is good.

If I don't have any problem with my signal and I enjoy the latest phones, is there any reason to move back?
>>
File: image.png (63 KB, 619x919) Image search: [Google]
image.png
63 KB, 619x919
>>51257311
If mobile hotspot is free then WTF is this shit every time I try to turn it on?
>>
Around christmas I'm going to remove myself from my family's plan and switch services. How painful will this be?
>>
>>51257984
>>51257984
>Out of all the major carriers Verizon is one of the few who doesn't throttle or dial down high end users
they totally do. I used to work for verizon tech support as a college job and it's in the employee manuals and information that they do throttle. So go fuck yourself you are not credible.
>>51258375
>They say they don't throttle. I have logged evidence that they do. I'm waiting for the right time to present that evidence for a meaningful case.
this guy is correct and if you have copies of that employee info I would definitely share it with the tech media the next time those fuckers pull some shit and get in hot water. Verizon is hands down the shadiest cell service provider
>>
>>51259424

It's not free, I don't know what the fuck he's talking about. They still charge $30 for tethering if you're not on their new kek plan.

If you're rooted it's easy to bypass. You just need to freeze the provisioning check apk with something like Ti Backup and add a single line to the build.prop (can't recall the exact line, just google it).
>>
>>51259457

Switching to T-Mobile is painless!
>>
lulz... since when did 4chan start automatically changing "C U C K" to "kek"?
>>
>>51259540
Several days to a couple weeks anon. Thank you for lurking more, but next time don't attempt to use reddit-tier memes, nor point it out. Also, lrn2filterbypass: alt+0173
>>
>>51257472
Are you sure you're not retarded? I used to be able to spend like 0-50 bucks for a flagship on a 2 year contract (during promos).Somehow you justify that by raising the price to 3-7 a month it's cheaper for me? Nah man, just own that getting rid of contract pricing fucks people. At least others still give you the option for installments or a contract.
>>
>>51257276
Bought my v10 without a gift cert a few days ago did I get scammed
>>
>>51259565
kek
>>
>51259387
>switching from CDMA #1 to CDMA #2
You must be a kek who doesn't like freedom of choice when it comes to phones.
>>
>>51259576
If we throw your "promos" out the window and hypothetically say that your flagship is $299.99 standard price, tl;dr: You're spending at least $60 more (with a max being $200) going with a 2 year contract depending upon what plan you're on over the course of 2 years.
>>
>>51261819
Cont.
Besides, you guys need to understand that you're getting ridiculously expensive smartphones at discounted prices, us migrating to device installments is just us simply stating: "If you're weary about your bill increasing just because you want the latest and greatest iPhone or Samsung Galaxy, you obviously cannot afford the phone in the first place. Please, stop living outside your budget because you're only hurting yourself."
If you can't understand this, you don't deserve a smartphone. Financial and Budgeting 101.
Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.