[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fountain Pen / Mechanical Pencil Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: rt_hrtg_1928.jpg (262 KB, 1920x1240) Image search: [Google]
rt_hrtg_1928.jpg
262 KB, 1920x1240
Pen/cils are technology. Post your pens and pencils here.
>>
>>51257090
Anyone know anything about rOtring pencils? My 800 got jammed and subsequently stopped feeding lead, so looking to see if there's a better one out there.
>>
>>51257103

I've used a 600 for the last 2 years and it is yet to fail.
>>
>>51257103
how jammed can it be? open it up and poke around with a needle or something. the grip screws off from the body
>>
>>51257090
Currently rocking a TWSBI 580 F and a Platinum Cool M, but I'm waiting on a set of 4 Jinhao 250s I got for $9 on Amazon to come in.

There's no real information online, but it's speculated that the 250s have #5 nibs, which are unreasonably difficult to find.

Anyways, I've ordered a #5 and a #5.5 to test and see if they'll fit in. If the #5 fits, I'm gonna order some italic nibs, a bold, and an extra fine, so I can get a taste of what I'm missing.
>>
Have any of you rOtring users ever used the Pentel P205? I'm currently using a slightly busted one, and I don't know whether to get a replacement or jump ship to another pencil.
>>
What's the best pen out there right now?
>>
>>51257559

I used a P209.

Fantastic pencil. Tough, simple design.

Used it for four years until I came home one holiday and my mom stole it.
>>
P209 FUCKING MASTER RACE

>also the twist erase III variant

get fucked faggots fuck you all
>>
Tombow Zoom 101 Carbon Fiber, let's go faggots.
>>
>>51257559

Pentel Sharps are great. I prefer the 0.9 for writing, I use a few different sizes for drawing.
>>
>>51257719
For the price?
Around the expensive end, I would guess that the Lamy 2000, Vanishing Point, and the Falcon are still tops.
Midrange, TWSBI stuff, usually.
Lower-end is probably TWSBI Eco, Lamy Safari, and Noodler's pens
Bottom-dollar will always be Platinum Preppy. If anyone argues this they are Jinhao-packing faggots, murder them!
>>
File: 1020151337-1.jpg (1 MB, 3057x1635) Image search: [Google]
1020151337-1.jpg
1 MB, 3057x1635
My TWSBI broke on me today. I'm going to have to email then about that and try to get it replaced tomorrow :(
>>
>>51258072
How can you hate the jinhao x450 m8
>>
>>51257103
The 800's are crap, get 600 or Rapid Pro.
>>
Anyone tried the Jinhao pens? I'm pretty poor and living in Australia makes it really hard to get decent pens shipped to me without paying a huge premium for currency conversions and shipping.

Looking at the X750 and 126
>>
>>51257090
Can we all agree to ban the rotring meme?There is nothing unique about it.Many pencils are the same build and quality.It has no unique feature.
>>
File: IMG_20150911_212721.jpg (1 MB, 3040x4096) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20150911_212721.jpg
1 MB, 3040x4096
My beauty
>>
>>51260990
Can we all agree to ban the pentel meme?There is nothing unique about it.Many pencils are the same build and quality.It has no unique feature.
>>
Is mechanical pencil a meme like mechanical keyboards?
>>
>>51262353
If you don't mind sharpening and having a lighter pencil, then yes, they are a meme. Aluminium ones feel nice though.
>>
>>51262313
Can we all agree to ban the kuru-toga meme?There is nothing good about it.Many pencils are the same build and quality.It only has a useles gimmick.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.