[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
WHAT THE FUCK
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 4
File: wut.jpg (9 KB, 162x35) Image search: [Google]
wut.jpg
9 KB, 162x35
HOW IS THIS FUCKING HAPPENING.
>>
>>51252807
what is that?
>>
>>51253076
peer block
>>
>not blocking all of them
>>
>>51252807
Does peerblock do anything?
I know it's useful to see IPs but I don't think it actually blocks much.
>>
>>51253096
it says blocking you twit
>>
>>51253150
No it doesn't. Read again.
>>
>>51253150
> not blocking the other 3,305,276,719 IPs
No wonder you're part of the botnet.
>>
>>51253117
peerblock is only as good as your block lists.

most people that use peerblock use the default lists which are completely useless. if you spend time googling and find lists that are made for specific applications by communities, it works great.
>>
>>51253213
>most people that use peerblock use the default lists which are completely useless. if you spend time googling and find lists that are made for specific applications by communities, it works great.
Which ones are the good ones, pham?
>>
>>51253234
why pham? is senpai changed into something else?
I know t.b.h is desu senpai
>>
>>51253372
Oh god, why weeb replacements?
Found that out the hard way t.bh f.am.
>>
Op what peerblock does is sort of preemptively block those ips it's not that they are actively monitoring you
>>
>>51253117
No, it is completely useless. All you are doing is blocking a quarter of all IPv4 addresses (which is a lot considering how many are restricted and allocated but not in use).
If you're torrenting they can still pull your IP out of the swarm.
>>
>>51253511
I thought so.
Everytime I ran it, I'd get "Evidenzia Copyright Intelligence" 'blocked' no matter what I did - made me paranoid.
>>
>>51253213#
>most people that use peerblock use the default lists which are completely useless. if you spend time googling and find lists that are made for specific applications by communities, it works great.
Which ones are the good ones
>>
Is peerblock anymore efficient than just throwing ip's and sites into your hosts file? I know that when you make your hosts file too big, it can really affect load times by a lot. If I can just import host lists into peerblock, and it doesn't cause lag, I'll totally use it.
>>
>>51253764
this what is better then peer blocker
>>
Why waste your time with it, just buy any cheap shared proxy for like $2 a month. there you go, no more copyright notice ever again
>>
>>51253786
It is more efficient to maintain, yes. It also blocks incoming connections, which the hosts file won't.
>>
>>51253818
proxies are slow as shit
>>
>>51252807
First off, enjoy your placebo. Peer Block is garbage.

Second, most of those are IP addresses that don't get assigned, or ones from education institutions and such. Peer Block's official lists have such a ridiculously high rate of false positives that people began to suspect it was a plot by the copyright lobby to make filesharing more difficult, since it will almost certain block a large percentage of legitimate peers and slow your downloads. Meanwhile, there is no way to actually identify IP addresses that are being used for monitoring. Lets put it in perspective: You, a poorfag that has to resort to piracy, are able to acquire an unblocked IP address. Do you really think a copyright troll can't? But beyond that, you'll still show up in the peer swarm and all they do is copy that list down and start subpoenaing. People that think that they aren't going to subpoena you just because they couldn't connect to you are hilariously inept. These are the same people that have subpoenaed printers that (for research purposes) were configured to sit in torrent swarms.
>>
>>51253836
Great, I'll give it a try. Thanks!
>>
>>51253961
I never said to use it.
>>
>>51253986
Well then is there anything better than it? I need something like a hosts file, but without the lag that causes. I really with the hosts file was an SQL database or some shit.
>>
>>51253185
Lol
>>
File: o.jpg (10 KB, 173x32) Image search: [Google]
o.jpg
10 KB, 173x32
>>51252807
You can do better.

I got PB, a host file 0.5MB host file and Tinywall and I don't feel secured at all.
>>
>>51254125
Well none of that can cure your austism, unfortunatly.
>>
why do people use things like peer guardian and similar when whitelisting is far superior
>>
>>51254125
I have a 2MB hosts file on my phone. It actually slows down loading basically anything over the net by half a second or so, but I feel safer from ads.
>>
>>51253117
it is snake oil.

the only people that use it are too dumb to figure out that your IP is already broadcasted on the swarm but they swear it works because they didnt get a letter from their isp yet.

by that logic, their cum rag is just as effective as peerblock
>>
>>51254314
>hosts file
tech semi-illiterate here
how does this work?
>>
>>51254507
Wouldn't be useless for content blocking, though. That's the only reason I'd use it. Is there a reason I shouldn't if I don't give a shit about torrent ISP crap? I have Verizon, never been yelled at for anything and I torrent basically every day.
>>
>>51254565
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hosts_%28file%29
http://winhelp2002.mvps.org/hosts.htm
>>
>>51254565
When your operating system goes to look up a domain address it checks the hosts file first to see if there is a record with an IP address in there, then it checks the DNS cache or makes a DNS request.

So if you add a domain like google.com to the hosts file and point it to 127.0.0.1 then all requests to google.com will go to 127.0.0.1
>>
>>51254565
A hosts file allows you to redirect traffic from one source or domain name to another. It's the reason "localhost" works. You can do something like the following:

0.0.0.0 google.com

And any request you make for loading google will redirect to 0.0.0.0 (It won't load). It's a good way to block content, but it comes at a price if your hosts file is too large. Every time you load a URL or IP address ANYWHERE on your computer, it has to check that file for redirections. If it's too big, it'll take a while to find things. I had a 1,000,000+ line hosts file, and the internet just didn't work anymore with it.
>>
>>51254507
>peerblock is as effective as using a cumrag for a condom

ftfy
>>
>>51254314
upload your hosts file to vola pls
>>
>Not using Whitelist to painlessly allow only trusted IP and connections

99.99% of /g/ is certified retarded
>>
>>51254687
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/37472031/Files/hosts

I made it myself by combining a bunch of different sources. There are no duplicate lines, I consolidated as much as I could. And it's actually 3MB's. :P
>>
>>51254739
I assume you use a whitelist filter for tripfags as well then?
>>
>>51254739
>>51254244
You mean in ublock? That's not system wide, sillies.
>>
>>51253372
Desu=desu
Senpai=senpai
>>
File: niceautism.png (584 KB, 876x956) Image search: [Google]
niceautism.png
584 KB, 876x956
>>51254848
My mistake, I realize what you mean. That's fucking stupid desu senpai
>>
>>51254877
You're pretty retarded mate.
>>
>>51254984
I'd love to see how well that works for torrenting, or anything peer to peer. That's pretty fucking autistic, dude.
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.