[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
addons that increase firefox performance only. NO PRIVACY ADDONS,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: 11054827.jpg (81 KB, 490x275) Image search: [Google]
11054827.jpg
81 KB, 490x275
addons that increase firefox performance only. NO PRIVACY ADDONS, only performance. The exception to this rule is if the addon provides privacy AND performance.

Some examples:

BluHell Firewall (lightweight adblocker, performance friendly)
Picture Blocker (blocks images loading on a page)
Tweak Network (speeds up browser loading times, can be done manually in about:config but this addon makes it easier)
YouTube Flash Player (uses flash player instead of html5 for youtube videos which is better for performance + additional resolution options)
NoScript (depending on how this is configured, this can speed up page loading times + security and privacy)

Misc:

Waterfox browser (64 bit version of firefox designed for windows and intel CPU's)

Please post any addons or about:config tweaks you know of that prioritize performance! Together we will make the ultimate browser :)
>>
>>51252182
I would add:
Ublock
Umatrix

>inb4 Ublock creator shilling.
>>
File: rtg.png (207 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
rtg.png
207 KB, 1920x1080
>>51252182

cont...

Classic theme restorer can be used to turn off the following:

Bookmarking animations
Panel animations
New tab animations
Download notifcation animations
Fullscreen animations

This addon will also let you position the location bar in the windows border bar (see attached jpg for example) maximizing space and increasing browser navigation speed due to enhanced UI
>>
>>51252182
Man my waterfox is notorious for leaking memory... do you have the same issue?
>>
>>51252287
classic theme restorer, thanks bruh.
>>
>>51252263

This really depends, bluehell firewall is simply king for its performance increases and blocks most everything you need. However there are exceptions you cannot have whitelisted sites with bluhell and bluehell misses ads sometimes. for me it's perfect and does what i need it too. But yeah if you need whitelisting go with ublock.
>>
>>51252289

I don't get that problem thankfully but did in previous versions, the latest version of Waterfox is really solid. If you do get that problem there are some alternatives. I hear good things about Cyberfox which is another 64bit spin off. If that doesn't work then just stick with Firefox or go with a nightly build if you want to gamble.
>>
>>51252434

In addition to this I've heard about a new firefox spinoff called ice-dragon which is from comodo and the security features built into it actually end up speeding up page loading times. I've yet to test it myself though.
>>
>>51252363
is there a performance comparison between bluhell and ublock? i never used bluhell before.
>>
>>51252471

I haven't found any statistic you can probably search around on forums or the respective add-on comments but from personal use it seems faster for me.
>>
>>51252182
>YouTube Flash Player (uses flash player instead of html5 for youtube videos which is better for performance + additional resolution options)
where do you idiots get your ideas from?
>>
File: unnamed.png (29 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.png
29 KB, 300x300
>>51252182
Chrome.
>>
>>51252591
at least say Chromium, jfc desu senpai
>>
>>51252582

Flash player has hardware acceleration. Do a simple google search of html5 vs flash and you will find all the results you need. Html5 is better for battery, mobile devices linux and macOS but for windows it is the best option.
>>
File: 1268363901063.jpg (18 KB, 247x248) Image search: [Google]
1268363901063.jpg
18 KB, 247x248
>>51252182
>uses flash player instead of html5 for youtube videos which is better for performance + additional resolution options
>>
>>51252649
>no comfy auto-updates
Most of the world uses Chrome. Why would you want to stand out? Don't you care about your privacy?
>>
>>51252591

The logo looks like a spy camera, It has jerky scrolling, bad font rendering, comes bundled with software that contains adware and has worse addons than firefox. No thanks. My current browser is miles faster than it aswell.
>>
>>51252287
How do you position the location bar at the border bar?
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.