[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /g/, I've finally mustered up the cash and the cou
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: 11-352-037-TS.jpg (8 KB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
11-352-037-TS.jpg
8 KB, 300x225
Hey /g/,

I've finally mustered up the cash and the courage to build my own gaming PC. My budget is around $1000 USD, and I've been looking around at guides and taking bits and pieces from each of them. I've got the main stuff nailed down: and i5-6600k CPU and an R9 390 GPU, but I've been stressing over the smaller things (MOBO, PSU, etc).

Some guy at tomshardware changed out a few things, so here's my most recent parts list:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/yxYVNG

Any help would be appreciated. I just wanna get these parts finalized because I'm the kind of dude that always worries about the part possibilities.
>>
>>51247651
Everything looks fine anon, you're set.
>>
>>51247755
/thread
great build
>>
>>51247755
>>51247780

Thank you guys so much. Just one question, pcpartpicker says that the R9390 is a little long and might block some drive bays. Is that something to be concerned about?
>>
>>51247904
absolutely not, they are being overly cautious
>>
>>51247651
You could save a little money but getting a cheaper cpu cooler and dropping the extra fan, but everything is set.
>>
Switch the 390 with a 970.
Thank me later.
>>
PSU is a bit overkill,get a cheaper cpu cooler,possibly 12gb of ram since the newer games are starting to use more(I assume you're gaming) and just get the cheapest cd drive you can,you never know when youre gonna need it and also maybe get a bigger hdd but otherwise its a solid build
>>
logicalincrements.com

DO NOT take advice from this thread. Some of it may be factually beneficial, but a lot like >>51248042
are pointless and will steer you in the wrong direction. Unless you are hoarding media 1tb is more than enough for your first build. The PSU is not overkill, esp with AMD parts. Like I said, don't take advice from this thread, read logicalincrements.com
>>
>>51248022
Nice meme. I bought R9 380 a week ago and my previous card was GTX 570. The only issue I had was with MPC and one specific video that would lag a bit after seeking but worked fine at the end. Literally no reason to go with 3.5GB if AMD works the same and offers more future proof hardware. The only thing that sucks is lack of PhysX.
>>
>>51247651
Don't forget about accessories and don't cheap out on them. A good mouse, keyboard and monitor are crucial because they're how you actually interact with the vehicle. If you're using some wireless walmart shit welp don't.
>>
>>51247651
You should consider adding a SSD in the future and making it your boot drive.

It's only a meme in budget builds.
>>
>>51248183
Hows this for a first kb+mouse?

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/part/cooler-master-keyboard-sgb3010kkmf1us
>>
>>51247651
Can someone give me advice..please keep in mind I have not read up on the amd vs nvidia meme yet. I am currently using a nvidia 550ti and the old lady needs to be replaced. what would you guys suggest? Budget 200-300€ or 214-322$ for you burgers. How much will I miss PhysiX if I switch to Radeon?
>>
Added an SSD to your build and tried to change some unnecessary parts for equivalent yet cheaper parts. It only goes ~$1 over budget, but you can make it go underbudget by having a cheaper fan. But I imagined you wanted to go Fractal Design with the case and fans so I let it there.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/44m47P
>>
>>51248354
I have a CM storm keyboard and I really like it but it was like $70 and then I got a $40 steelseries raw mouse.

This deal looks like it's targeted at 15yr olds who just got into watching esports and cant afford razer gear so who knows what kind of quality it is.

It PROBABLY would work out alright but it's ugly as fuck and maybe might break on you.

Also don't forget (NICE)headphones or (MEDIOCRE)speakers and a microphone. webcam if ur sassy.
>>
AMD is just as good as Nvidia, just Nvidia gets more support.

>inb4 witcher 3 bs

But in all honesty if you want better FPS per dollar then go for team red.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.