[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
PS4 vs XboxONE?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4
Hi, I'd like to buy new console in Christmas. What buy? (i don't have microsoft products so compatibility is not an option)
>>
Ps4 has outsold the xbox 2:1 in the US, and 3:1 worldwide.

If you want the console that has a more powerful GPU, and the most users, get the PS4.

If you want microsoft exclusives (halo, gears of war, forza, etc) then the xbox might be more interesting, but going forwards everything that isn't microsoft exclusive will run better on PS4.

Really though, get a PC.
>>
>>51247126
Get a PC.
>>
>>>/v/
Seriously. You'll get marginally more substantial replies there.
>>
Nintendo NX out in 2016 no point buying one of these
>>
>>51247161
>>51247177

Not OP but I was thinking about switching from console to PC but Im a bit skeptical since none of my friends have a PC and playing with friends is the only reason I game so I was just wondering,is it really worth it to switch?
>>
>>51247177
I work in my computer. I have a Mac.
>>
>>51247214
Yes PC gaming is one of he greatest pleasures in life and you'll never go back to console gaming.
>>
Xbone has sold more games than PS4
>>
>>51247214
So many free games on PC, I haven't had to buy games in so long, unless its a release I specifically am waiting for (recently being witcher 3 and now fallout 4).

PC is just better, better graphics, better communities, more options, more games, etc.

Also, I rarely play with people, but it is pretty easy to find people to play with even if your current friends dont have PCs, plenty of other people do.
>>
>>51247232
Citation needed

I have never bought a physical game for my PS4, I only buy digital.

Sony and M$ don't release digital game sales.

How exactly are you claiming xbone has sold more games if neither company releases figures on digital sales, which I would argue are probably more sales than physical copies.
>>
Steam Machine.

>>>/v/
>>
>>51247161
Thanks bro! I will reflect on PC because your comment something to think.
>>
>>51247241
>>51247231

Thanks

>>51247241
Onjectively PS4 has won the console war for this gen,ms decided to focus on gaming too late but ms is coming back with backwards compatibility but it's not gonna be enough.I dont regret buying an xb1 though,the graphical differences between the 2 are marginal and I prefer xbox live to psn so it was really the only choice
>>
>>51247266

meant to reply to you in the second part
>>
PS4 seems to have better exclusives and isn't it like 50% more powerful?
>>
>>51247349

No,the xbone CPU is stronger but PS4s GPU is better than xbox
>>
>>51247126

Get a Wii U, it's the only actual game console on the market as the xbone and PS4 are basically just shitty PCs.
>>
>>51247371
>xbone CPU is stronger
barely, 1.6Ghz in the PS4 vs. 1.75Ghz in the xbox. a difference of 150mhz, woooo.

>but PS4s GPU is better than xbox
Yeah it has 50% more shader units, and faster vRAM.

The PS4 is decently enough more powerful that most games can run 30-60FPS at 1080p on PS4, but tend to run 30-60FPS at only 900P on xbox one.

Also, going forward developers are going to be developing games with the PS4 hardware as their primary target (more PS4 users out there, so larger market to develop for).

Basically, games going forward are more likely to benefit the PS4 architecture over the xbox.
>>
File: IMAG0049.jpg (1016 KB, 2688x1520) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0049.jpg
1016 KB, 2688x1520
>>51247214
I have my ps4 and just built my gaming computer here. I can get another picture of my PS4 if need be.
>>
>>51247438
also, this isn't even going into the fact the xbox one OS because it is more media focused, uses up more background resources (CPU and RAM), to keep the OS running compared to the PS4. So the PS4 has even more hardware resources to devote to gaming because it isn't maintaining a heavy media oriented OS while trying to be a gaming console.
>>
Anisotropic filtering sucks on both consoles, and it shows.
>>
Get an Xbox the more xbox being sold the better ported games we will get on PC

And also
PSN is 7 euro a month compared to 5 euro a month for xbox live
>>
File: 2819663-8418826320-28191.jpg (148 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2819663-8418826320-28191.jpg
148 KB, 1920x1080
>>51247126

I'd go for the PS4. It's more powerful, it's cheaper, it's much smaller, and it's a pure gaming machine, unlike the Xbox which wants to be some crazy multimedia machine.
>>
File: games.jpg (541 KB, 1626x739) Image search: [Google]
games.jpg
541 KB, 1626x739
>>>/v/ >>>/vg/
PC + PS4 or Xbone + Wii U is the way to go I suppose.
go on onlyonconsole dot com, find the exclusives you want, click show multiplats for more. It's a really helpful site, personally I'm getting a PS4 soon but make up your own mind.
>>
>>51247628
No retard is going to waste $2000 on gaming machines
>>
>>51247658
Wii U = 300 or less
PS4 = 350 or less (300 for the holiday)
PC = 500 or less
Unless you're buying some prebuilt alienware computer, I don't see how that would end up being $2000
>>
>>51247628

That is the most subjective games guide I have ever seen

It would have been much more objective if you had just given all of the games that are above a certain threshold, say 85%, on Metacritic

Also you missed out the most important upcoming game on the Wii U, which is of course the new Zelda game. In fact that is literally the only important and desirable game that will ever be released on that console.
>>
>>51247787
Those are the games I want, senpai. You can click off the ones you don't want. Go on the website yourself and you'll see all the game.
>>
WHY DO YOU KEEP MAKING THIS GARBAGE FUCKING THREAD? FUCK OFF BACK TO /V/ YOU FUCKING CHILD
>>
>>51247126
Buy a tablet or smartphone and play games there.
>>
>>51247214
No. If you aren't going to have friends to play with and that's your main focus it's not worth it at all
>>
>>51247126
PC. Even if you can't get topnotch parts required for the possible games you are interested, you can buy the basics and upgrade parts later on. And don't go cheap on PSU, no matter what these niggers are suggesting.
>>
Just new parts for your PC or a just a new PC with a Xbox One controller easy
>>
Both are piles of shit. I hate what xbox has turned into so incredibly much (a fucking social media/gaming bastard) and the interface makes me rage because how slow and unorganized it is.

It's like Windows 8 metro on acid. It's fucking terrible. And there are still system bugs around from launch day that they still haven't fixed such as it not reading your disc for no fucking reason. I put Halo 5 in for the first time last week and after 3 tries it finally read. The only reason I bought mine was for Halo 5 and 6.

And my friend who has both a PS4 and xbox says PS4 isn't much better honestly.

Build a gayming PC and save yourself.
>>
>>51247126
get a ps4, I have one and I don't regret it. I think dualshock 4 is a much better controller than xbone controller, as I've used both and I found the former more comfortable

now ps plus is only worth it if you play a lot online/like indie games because that's what they offer most of the time (though I got mgs v on ps plus as well). there are ps plus exclusive sales as well
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.