[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sony Vegas 13 sucks ask [Help]
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: maxresdefault.jpg (66 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
66 KB, 1280x720
So, I finally got myself Sony Vegas Pro 13, cause I wanted to do video game reviews.

I've recorded a couple of hours of footage on in 720p 60fps on my Hauppage Rocked in mp4 format.

Now. When I try to import them to vegas, I can maybe import 10 of them, but then suddenly, the program stops working.
Either the files don't show up, the program hangs, or I can't see or hear anything in the preview.

I have 12GB Ram and and I believe a quardcore 2.20ghz processor.

I have tried to change settings and stuff like that, but it's all been fruitless, and there doesn't seem to be any help to find online.

Does anyone have any idea or experiences here?
I think it's really crappy for some video editing software to work this poorly with many big files when I have a PC that should be able to handle it.
>>
>>51246706
Pay for it you fucking degenrate pirate.
>>
mp4 is not a format, it's a container.

Did you try leaving it hanging for a few minutes?
Or does it freeze for longer?
>>
>>51246774

I believe the right term would be H.264 format then ^^
Like I said, the program functions properly as long as I only have a few files there, but when more shows up, the preview window just go black and mute.

And it continues no matter how long I wait :/
>>
>>51246826
fuck off germany.
>>
>>51246726
I did pay, their program still sucks ass.
>>
>>51246840
Should have pirated it lel
>>
You probably need a better processor and some more RAM. Post your specs dude.
>>
>>51246706
This isn't a fucking help desk you filthy pirate
>>
>>51246706
how much ram do you have reserved for preview. is your pagefile manually set. where is your scratch disk. how fast is your hdd. do your project setting match your import/export settings.
>>
Do you have a GPU? Something that is designed this? I think a lot of video editing software probably expect you to have some sort of GPU before you would think of rendering that many files.
>>
>>51246706
Blender and kdenlive or pitivi or whatever the fuck it's called does the job. Just look at the latest promo video for 30 years FSF it's so damn professional it's hard to believe. Inkscape works as a PhotoShop alternative. I'm probably getting all these program names wrong but I hope you're able to find them.
>>
>>51246706
avisynth.
>>
>>51246706
handbreak
>>
just uninstall all Codecs and then re-install vegas.
tip from a person who spent almost 8 months trying to figure out wtf is going on.
>>
Don't listen to them. Every problem with Sony Vegas 12 and up is due to gpu acceleration. It just doesn't work. Turn it off in settings and restart Vegas.
>>
>>51246706
The rule of thumb is that you need to have more ram than all of total size of the files you're working with unless you're rocking ramdrives, SSDs, or fast HDD arrays.

Sony Vegas Pro is no where need adequate if you're playing with industrial file sizes.

Should have gotten Premiere Pro, better GPU acceleration, handles all 32GB of my ram and it has it's own 128gb SSD as a dedicated buffer/scratch drive.

Sometimes I wish I opted for x99 platform and 64GB+ DDR4
>>
>>51246706
>he's not using Cyberlink Powerdirector
Literally why use Vegas?
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.