[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi /g/, Please recommend me some good tech/prog podcast. Thanks
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
Hi /g/,

Please recommend me some good tech/prog podcast. Thanks
>>
>>51243858
Gentoo.org
>>
Don't agree with the equation. Life is more than just a number.
>>
>hurr durr life is terrible awful and heres a model to prove it
>>
>>51243858
Happiness over time, multiplied by change in time?

The fuck
>>
>>51243858
happiness*ln(death/birth)
>>
>>51243858
lol wtf, why are they using a delta on a integral?

Assuming they mean dt,

Happiness*ln(death)-happiness*ln(birth)
Happiness*(ln(death)-ln(birth))
Happiness*(ln(death/birth))

I'm confused what any of this means
>>
>>51243888
you missed the integral symbol
>>
>>51243898
dt means delta you shitter
they just didnt use the old convention
>>
>>51243906
no it doesn't.

delta is only supposed to be used for finites. Its incompatible with the concept of the integral. Its for sigmas
>>
>>51243916
>>51243906
and I mean big delta not little delta. I understand dt means delta while that means big delta.
>>
File: 1446987181505.jpg (11 KB, 454x395) Image search: [Google]
1446987181505.jpg
11 KB, 454x395
>>51243858
Why did you delete your pic, OP?
>>
>>51243858
I don't know of any. Mailing lists are always more fun and informative. Tech podcasts always felt masturbatory
>>
>>51243900
Not him, but that should be a differential rather than a change in time.
>>51243906
Selta typically denotes a (non infinitesimal) change in a variable. The differential is used for infinitesimal change, but also to denote the variable which the integral should be taken with respect to. The delta notation was improper to use here.
>>51243897
>>51243898
I would expect happiness to be non-constant with respect to time. I suppose you would have expected the same, if you weren't so ready to blindly recite what you remember from high school calculus.
>>51243935
He posted an image that was more interesting that his topic, that's why.
>>
>>51243858
Techsnap
Risky Business
trusted sec
>>
Doesn't this imply that happiness goes up with time? I'm maths retarded
>>
hak5
>>
>>51243945
>non-constant with respect to time
Good point, but if that was expected to be true then this function would be really weird and pointless and unsolvable without further information

Maybe that's the point. Deep desu.
>>
>>51243951
No, because as >>51243945 happiness could be treated as a function related to time as well. I think its fair to assume that its meant to be a constant by its wording, but when you think about it it makes sense to be non-constant.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.