[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What can I do better? pcpartpicker.com/p/QXWWpg
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
What can I do better?
pcpartpicker.com/p/QXWWpg
>>
File: baitodesu.png (114 KB, 955x957) Image search: [Google]
baitodesu.png
114 KB, 955x957
32GB ram, and GTX 750?
>>
Stupid Question?
Why not try the Stupid Questions Thread?!
It's just like a normal thread, but dedicated to Stupid Questions, like the one you just asked!
>>>/g/sqt
>>
>>51241836
Not bait, just stupid I suppose.
>>
Probably should read up on what you don't know before making a ridiculous build
>>
>>51241809
What is the purpose of this build? If it is for something extremely RAM and CPU intensive and you want only some light gaming, it is alright.
>>
>network card+wifi card

why? your mobo has a lan port
>>
>>51241866
That's the purpose of the thread, I want to learn what I need to improve on. Rather than reading everything until I learn what I need to know I am asking for a research point. Smug nigger.

>>51241876
I do very little PC gaming, just Mount and Blade: Warband and a little emulation. I do some CPU intensive tasks for my work and I hate lag. I figured it's just a grand and I already have a monitor and 4tb of storage.
>>
>>51241881
I dunno man. I want a wired connection but I thought it would be cool to be able to use wifi on my desktop if I want to.
>>
>>51241912
Do you actually need the 32GB of RAM, or did you just put that there out of ignorance?

I would suggest: Drop to 8GB of RAM, or 16GB is you are positive you want it. Drop the wired LAN card. Switch to a ~$150 mobo. Use the saving to add a 256GB SSD.
>>
>>51241942
I'd like to keep it at 32gb. It's only $132, and anything to reduce lag is worth it. Do you have a recommendation for mobo? It needs to be able to hold an ssd and two hdds.

pcpartpicker.com/p/CBY47P
>>
>>51241972
>I'd like to keep it at 32gb

You know you get a free Tiger Rock if you buy 64GB.
>>
File: Untitled.png (8 KB, 204x124) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
8 KB, 204x124
>>51241972
>anything to reduce lag is worth it
I do not think you know what "lag" is, friend.
>>
>>51241931
you dont need a network adapter
>>
>>51241983
What is a Tiger Rock?
>>51242002
Let me rephrase: I want to keep 300 tabs open simultaneously and be lightning quick
>>
pcpartpicker.com/p/sCkhQ7
>>
>>51242024
you need an SSD then
>>
>>51242086
added
>>
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/r2nZMp
>>
Maybe I should also mention I run one or more virtual environments a lot for my work.
>>
>>51241972
You fucking retard, unused RAM is literally useless, you don't use RAM to reduce lag.

>>>/v/
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.