[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I have two questions. 1) How do I obtain 100% *or as close
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: bitcoin-logo-3d.jpg (588 KB, 1232x1232) Image search: [Google]
bitcoin-logo-3d.jpg
588 KB, 1232x1232
So I have two questions.
1) How do I obtain 100% *or as close as I can get* security and anonymity while online and using tor?
2) Where do I go for the best/easiest BTC purchasing? What sites?
>>
install kali
>>
>>51240592
How does it work once I install it? Does it come pre packaged with what I need? Can it be dual booted?
>>
There's a real neato GNU/Linux (or GNU plus Linux, as I've been want to call it lately) distribution called Gentoo that you might want consider loading into the memory of your computational device for the purpose of acting as an interface between your computer's hardware and you user space.
>>
>>51241032
Ok. Where do I get bitcoins? I've been everywhere looking for them.
>>
>>51240578
Get a VPN with no logs with servers in other countries, like PIA.
Use Tor.
Do not use gmail, yahoo,
or login to any accounts anywhere if possible
>>
>>51241360
Ok. And where can I buy bitcoins with something simple like paypal or something? Is there any place?
>>
>>51241527
Have you tried googling it?
>>
1)
a) Be in any Linux operating system.
b) Turn on Cryptofree VPN (unfortunately the linux distro TAILS doesnt allow this), there are instructions in cryptostorm's forums on how to do this.
Now your internet service provider wont be able to see that you're using TOR, which can cause you to be flagged, and if there is a failure in TOR you have extra protection with a non-logging free VPN that you didnt even have to use an account for. Also PIA and hidemyass are shit and untrustworthy but noobs seem to always recommend them.
c) Use torbrowser

2)
localbitcoins.com is easiest and quickest but sometimes a little more expensive (but worth it in my opinion, especially because it's more private).
Note that bitcoin price is volatile at the moment and I strongly expect it to begin skyrocketing in the coming months so you should just hold some as an investment.
Tumble your bitcoins, there are sites like bitcoinfog on the darknet that do this. An even better way to tumble (and safer because tumbling sites sometimes steal people coins) is to make 2 accounts of BTC-e or bitfinex; trade your bitcoins for litecoins and send the litecoins to your other BTC-e account, where you trade the litecoins back for bitcoins.

These are some extremely effective techniques that you won't usually hear about, mostly thought of them myself. Takes some effort though if you have no idea what most of this means. You'll probably be fine not making this much effort.
>>
>>51241642
I'll set up the VPN stuff in a bit. And I have been trying to use localbitcoins.com but it seems like nobody is ever online. Or maybe it's because I'm trying to purchase them late at night? Where can I learn how to "tumble" my coins? And what email service should I start using to hide myself? What's good on tor?
>>
>>51241774
Late at night there might be less people online yeah.
Tumbling: send it to a site e.g. bitcoinfog and it just does it for you. The litecoin method is nothing more than already explained.
Emails: im not that sure, but cock.li is alright as it doesnt ask for any personal info. If its for general use then your emails will demonstrate your identity anyway.
>>
File: 1444063254895.jpg (16 KB, 268x265) Image search: [Google]
1444063254895.jpg
16 KB, 268x265
>>51240578
For wallet, how about Trezor? /g/ approves it for securing magic internet money?
>>
>>51240624
You can use an (encrypted) virtual machine if you don't want to dual boot.
But, I'm rather sure the guy was kidding, since kali is mostly just linux with a couple hacking tools. Try Tails linux instead.
>>
Bitquick is easier than localbitcoins. I guess you could use that. Or if you're lazy as fuck you can use circle or maybe coinbase. Just tumble the coins after. Don't fucking use bitcoinfog like the other posters say. Grams Helix is good.

Paypal and bitcoin don't get along too well. There's the virwox method, but the fees are outrageous.

Don't use PIA. They have servers outside the US but they're a US based company. They also rely on paid shills. Pick a company based in Sweden or Panama or something. Pay for the VPN with bitcoin. If you have a router with DD-WRT, put your VPN on there. Then use TAILS. Please don't bother with virtual machines.

PGP exists so fucking use it. If you really must have email, I guess sigiant is okay.

If you want to store bitcoins, use the electrum wallet that comes with TAILS. Make sure it's the latest version first. TAILS usually ships with an outdated electrum. When you make your wallet, write down your seed. Don't leave bitcoin on an exchange, online store account, or web wallet.

When shopping, avoid things like discounted iPhones. If it's not a scam, it's usually paid for with stolen credit cards before being sent to you. And please don't get into carding. It's wrong on so many levels.
>>
Buy BTC off localbitcoins, or Circle / Coinbase > intermediary wallet > tumbler like helix or payshield.

A VPN won't help you stay anonymous. If you need to hide your tor usage (hint: you probably don't unless you live in a place where tor is illegal, or if you're a DNM vendor/operator). For that, you'll need to use a bridge. You can get bridges from BridgeDB (bridges.torproject.org).

Nobody will sell you BTC for PayPal because you can issue a charge back and take your money, but keep their BTC, because they can't reverse the blockchain.
>>
A VPN may also be a honeypot, just like Cumbajohnnys VPN on Shadowcrew. Also, even if a VPN doesn't keep logs, their upstream provider might, and that provider's provider might as well. Maybe one of those providers has a friendly relationship with the feds. The VPN logging is irrelevant in that case.
>>
>>51241032
Lost hard
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.