[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone use an 'amazonbasics' chair? I need to buy a chair.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 8
Anyone use an 'amazonbasics' chair?

I need to buy a chair.
>>
File: laaa.jpg (38 KB, 306x363) Image search: [Google]
laaa.jpg
38 KB, 306x363
just use one of these
>>
>>51239982
Those telletubbies are pure evil
>>
>fixed armrests

I dunno, something tells me these would get really annoying.
>>
I bought a tempurpedic executive chair because it was the nicest one Staples had and I didn't want to buy a chair I never sat in before

pretty nice chair/10
>>
>>51239982
my butt is taut enough m8
>>
>>51239951
Chiropractor here, that chair triggers me.
>>
>>51240193
why?

what about this one?

http://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-HL-002566-Mid-Back-Office-Chair/dp/B00IFHPVEU/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1446959910&sr=8-2&keywords=amazonbasics+chair
>>
Avoid. They are flimsy as shit.
>>
A chair is definitely not something you want to cheap out on, at least get something from HON
>>
>>51240265
Read 8 Steps to a pain free back, you'll understand why that chair is shit. Not a shill btw.
>>
>>51240290
I use a similar chair and my back has zero pain.
>>
>>51240311
How's your posture tho?
>>
>>51240320
It's fine
>>
File: 1389053049556.jpg (52 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
1389053049556.jpg
52 KB, 499x499
>>51240290
>Not a shill
sure buddy
>>
>>51240193
>chiropractor
>thinks he should be taken seriously instead of lynched for peddling bullshit
>>
>>51240361
>le chiropractors aren't real doctors maymay
Enjoy getting jewed for a $100,000 medical degree
>>
>>51240361
True that. Chiropractors are scam artists.
>>
>>51240385
A-are you saying that chiropractors are doctors?
>>
>>51240385
>implying chiropractic is any less retarded than acupuncture or reiki

>>51240451
I can only hope he isn't this retarded.
>>
>>51240385
>>51240451
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alternative_medicine

Tell all your friends
>>
Humanscale Freedom here. Shit feels good. Real good. Gel seat keeps my butthole cool and dry
>>
I have one OP. Its alright
>>
Used one for a few months when I was at my internship.
The intern housing only had awful wooden chairs that killed my back after a few hours.
Worked well enough, a hell of a lot more comfortable than what I had before.

TLDR; I'tll do.
>>
I grew up near a huge chiropractic college, so there are a ton of people who buy into the whole chiropractor thing.

My grandmother literally goes to a chiropractor to treat illnesses and other nonsense. She goes once a week.

I fucked my lower back up and went to a chiropractor for several months. It does feel good and they do alleviate some pain, but the pain comes back like 2-3 hours later. You sit in pain for a week and then go back for some relief.

If its real bad you show up more than once a week.

Problem is it will never EVER fix your problem, and youll be going the rest of your life.
Out of the blue I got sick and went to the doctor, my general practitioner referred me to an actual physical therapist after I talked about my back pain.

The physical therapy didnt alleviate pain at all in the beginning, and actually hurt like a bitch.
But after going 3 days a week, and doing the workouts at home I saw real improvement.
In fact going to the chiropractor after starting the therapy actually made the pain worse.

It took maybe 12 sessions to see improvement, and then they sent me on my way and told me it was my responsibility to keep working on my own body.
The exact opposite of what the chiropractor told me to do.

Fuck em, im not even sure what they would actually be good for....
>>
>>51240361
>>51240388
>>51240451
>>51240490

Stick to your consumer i mean tech shit, boys. You know nothing about reki punctue orrrrrr Christopher

seriously, though. shit the fuck of of my stint, senpai. me? baiku stamp the snit out of your thoughts.
>>
>>51240639
What happened to your back? Herniated disc?

Read a book called 8 steps for a pain free back
>>
>>51240674
Its a bulging disc, not quite damaged enough for surgery hence the physical therapy.

I was trying to lift something way too heavy not using good technique. Literally the dumbest way to change the rest of your life

Regardless, I have done a ton to fix posture.
The best thing I have ever done was to raise my monitors up higher to force proper posture.
>>
>>51240639
>becuase it doesn't work for me it is all shit. the whole area of study.

seriously, i see guys like yourself on these boards holding these opinions all the time. it's quite annoying to a point.

people like yourself are the type to poison your bodies with something for a few years, contract an illness, try an "alternative" option for a quick fix and then proclaim aloud, "it ain't shit".

the object is to be proactive and care for your body...period. most people...meaning th majority,...half ass everything becuase people are too FUCKING lazy.

your grandmother has a shit diet and is falling apart...go get you sum fuckin proprietary solution for your woes, pussy.

it takes a fucking man of a wilderness proclivity to handle life...not some anemic slug needing whatever the fucking 21 century doctor peddles for big buckaroos!!!!!!

you need your head reaLLLL quick, son,,

red pill more, senpai.
>>
File: 1310483412100.jpg (34 KB, 413x395) Image search: [Google]
1310483412100.jpg
34 KB, 413x395
>>51240674
>Herniated disc?
>Read a book called 8 steps for a pain free back
>>
>>51240739
Holy fuck are you me? That's what happened to me, I had a bulging disc (Herniated disc) in my middle back. I obly started getting better when I started reading a book called 8 steps for a pain free back. It really helped me fix my posture.

Fuck working manual labor jobs
>>
I just bought the amazon basics high back executive chair. I'm quite happy with it.
>>
>>51240754
If the whole body of study cant fix something as menial as a bulging disc when there are much MUCH worse spinal problems out there, why should I give it the benefit of the doubt?

Its horse shit and you know it.
>>
>>51240798
I bet you haven't even read or tried the techniques mentioned in the ebook so honestly it's a bit hard to take you serious.
>>
File: money.jpg (37 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
money.jpg
37 KB, 400x400
>IT ONLY COSTS $4999 ANON. YOU SPEND A THIRD OF YOUR LIFE ON THE COMPUTER YOU KNOW
>>
>>51240670
>can't even english

OK buddy, you chiropractor scammer.
>>
File: cheaperbullshit.jpg (28 KB, 360x400) Image search: [Google]
cheaperbullshit.jpg
28 KB, 360x400
>IT ONLY COSTS $25, WE DIDN'T MAKE IT WITH A $2 BICYCLE SEAT WE SWEAR
>>
>>51240890
Goliath online.
>>
>>51240361
Speak for yourself, these typical chairs will fucking kill you and only the professionals are the only thing in the way.
>>
>>51240921
Nice thinkpad tho
>>
File: forreal.jpg (129 KB, 500x564) Image search: [Google]
forreal.jpg
129 KB, 500x564
>DON'T YOU CARE ABOUT YOUR BACK HEALTH. BUY MY BOOK, 12 STEPS TO BUYING ME A NEW CAR, I'M A DOCTOR
>>
>>51239951
I bought an Ergon 3 Herman Miller chair for 10$ at a used office supply place

Fuck buying new cheap shitty chairs
>>
>>51240951
That actually looks pretty comfy, it'd be better than sitting up watching movies like an asshole like I'm doing now.
>>
File: 4167066_700b.jpg (136 KB, 700x1402) Image search: [Google]
4167066_700b.jpg
136 KB, 700x1402
My ideal chair.
>>
>>51240964
Not everyone lives near something like that m8
>>
>>51241284
Habitat for humanity
Goodwill
Salvation Army

Those are literally everywhere, you might get lucky
>>
>>51241225
>no prostate stimulator
>>
>>51241295
>>51241295
I actually went to the salvation army today looking at shit. Just old couches. And Dean Koontz under "classical literature"
>>
What do you guys think about this, re pricing/age.

http://honolulu.craigslist.org/mau/fuo/5304013942.html
>>
>>51239951
i use that chair it is shit.You will need a cushion,and lumbar support addons or enjoy pain
>>
>>51240148
Those tempurpedic ones are pretty cushy, I agree.
>>
>>51240265
Anon, did you seriously link to the same chair you posted a photo of in the original post?
>>
Computer chairs are for offices. Get a fucking recliner. Your body will thank you.
>>
>>51241643
Do you have any suggestions?
All the good chairs people suggest are like a grand, I'm a college student and use a hard wooden chair.... I can't afford a thousand dollar gamble on Aeron because everything else is shit
>>
>>51241418
depends on how busted it is desu
>>
>>51240193
Your profession is a pseudoscience, so who gives a shit. Might as well be a fortune teller telling me that getting the chair is bad luck.
>>
>>51241666
Craigslist/liquidator or something. I got mine from a liquidator, perfectly new and not a showroom model, and it was about the price of a regular midclaas computer chair.

Just get chair chair, like one you could relax in normally. Why do you need wheels for your computer chair? You're home. Just get up if you need to go somewhere. You don't need to roll away for the cleaning lady or when your workspace moves across the room.
>>
>>51240265
Biggs look at the reviews those chairs break really easily. I get that you are on a budget but one modestly good purchase is cheaper then buying transceiver and over again.
>>
>>51241643
>get a recliner

Oh great, this guy again.
The "just sit on a pillow" guy
>>
>>51239982
That show is hella fun.
>>
>>51241670
How do I check the quality of a chair? I mean besides that it's obviously not wrecked.
>>
>>51241787
Did you seriously compare a recliner to a pillow?

>Anon, you should get a real mattress; air mattresses are for guests or camping trips. Y'know, something you would buy for comfortable sleeping in any other circumstance.
>LOL THIS GUY AGAIN. MIGHT AS WELL SUGGEST I SLEEP ON A PILE OF LEAVES.
>>
>>51241787
>buying into the stationary jew
>>
>>51241834
There is a retard who comes into chair threads claiming that recliners are better than office chairs, and that cheap office chairs with a pillow on the seat are vastly superior to proper office chairs.

People who claim these things know nothing of posture.
>>
>>51241864
I would never tell anyone to sit on a fucking pillow. When your parents were your age and buying chairs for casually watching TV and shut in the living room, did they look for a wheeled chair light enough for a child to lift on their own? No, they got a comfy as fuck chair designed for long and comfortable sitting sessions, big enough to support the whole body from shoulders to knees. What benefit does a computer chair have over a traditional living room chair? I would rate computer chairs over kitchen chairs, but definitely not better than actual relaxation chairs.

Not that you should be sitting all day, anyway, if you're so concerned about posture. Bad posture comes less from the seat you're using and more from the habits you form. Get up, stretch, and take very frequent breaks if that's what you're looking for.
>>
>>51241999
Did you seriously compare sitting in front of a TV to typing on a computer?

Some of us on /g/ actually work on the computer instead of just watching chinese cartoons. I can see the disconnect
>>
>>51239951
i used that exact chair

after a month got creaking and popping noises every time i moved in the chair

go to your local staples or whatever and find one there
>>
>>51242036
I have the same chair that i bought at staple or whatever.IT has a shit seat cushion and terrible back support.The arm rest are the weakest parts of the chair.The arm rest are put decoration and do not even think about leaning back you will break the arm rests
>>
>>51240766
But college degrees are scam though!! Trade jobs are suppose to be where it's at!
>>
>>51242113
There is some truth to that, there are a LOT of trade jobs out there and a lot of degrees that are worthless in over saturated fields.
>>
>>51242036
>>51242083
by 'one' i meant another chair

i just got a 100 dollar one at staples and its not perfect but its a thousand times better than that amazon basics
>>
senpaitachi
>>
I sit in a kab seating acs executive. As comfortable as a couch, with none of the backpain. Would recommend to anyone with money.
>>
>>51242019
The disconnect is you believe office chairs are made to be used outside an office. Their purpose was to be portable for office relocations, moving around the table, and to keep the floors from getting scratched by constant chair sliding.

None of those benefits are needed for a home computer. What you want is comfort. A recliner would be good for work too, but there's no way you're getting one in your office unless you're a big cat exec or something.
Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.