[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
:I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4
File: win31.png (9 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
win31.png
9 KB, 640x480
>At friend's house
>Bring Macbook Pro Retina to host movie marathon
>Hook to Bigscreen HD with HDMI
>Watch movies
>Friend wants copies of movies for his laptop (.mkv rips)
>Sure no problem, I brought my backup USB drive with all my files
>Brings down Dell laptop with 17 inch monitor
>Says he hated Sony and HP because their laptops barely lasted a few years before fucking up
>Opens up this piece of shit
>Monitor resolution is horrible
>Ask when he got it
>Got it earlier this year for $999 with a 1TB hard drive and 16GB Ram.
>Smile and nod, notice it still has Windows 8
>I Have not used a PC that didn't have Windows 7 in the past 5 years
>Hook Drive up to this piece of shit
>Christ this track pad is fucking horrible
>Touch screen it is, which is awkward as fuck
> Go to download files
> Drive not recognized
> FUCK
> Go download VLC while I search for a HFS reading program
> Find one
> Download it
> Install it
> Click on windows icon to go to all programs
> SHITFUCKINGICONSEVERYWHERE-CLOCKS-WEATHER-ASSHOLETEMPERATURE
>Where the fuck is all programs
>Search for the program
>SEARCH IS GOING ON FIVE MINUTES
>Jesus fucking christ
>GOOGLE where to find the fucking programs
>Find the fucking programs
>WONT RUN THE HFS PROGRAM, NOT WIN8 COMPATIBLE
>Ask if he has a USB Drive
>He goes to get one, we plug it into my mac
>Windows formatted with some files, the Macbook reads it instantly, we copy the files onto the USB
>Plug it into his Dell and begin copying the files
>Ask why he hasn't upgraded to WIN 10?
>"Oh I can't my graphics card won't work it says".
>...wat?
>This computer, built in 2014/2015, won't run windows 10.
>My mac from 2013, running El Capitan like a boss.
PLEASE EXPLAIN HOW ANYONE CAN DEFEND THIS PC SHIT? Seriously, this isn't bait. Yes I may be asking too much of the windows system to read the hfs mac system disk, but Jesus Christ they actually have computers made in the past two years that can't fucking run Windows 10 because of video card incompatibility?!
>>
File: a.gif (780 KB, 325x203) Image search: [Google]
a.gif
780 KB, 325x203
>>
reblogged :^)
>>
File: rugged2.jpg (2 MB, 2217x2436) Image search: [Google]
rugged2.jpg
2 MB, 2217x2436
Better question is why does osx suck so badly
>>
>>51239941
It doesn't. It is an amazing OS where everything is easy to find, easy to use, and even 5-6 year old systems can update to the newest OS for free with no license bullshit.
>>
>>51239868

Your friend is tech illiterate and doesn't know shit. Considering
>Says he hated Sony and HP because their laptops barely lasted a few years before fucking up
> SHITFUCKINGICONSEVERYWHERE-CLOCKS-WEATHER-ASSHOLETEMPERATURE
>"Oh I can't my graphics card won't work it says".

I have an old desktop, we're talking Pentium E5400, P5QL-PRO, HD6670. Runs Win 10 like a champ.
>>
>>51239868
Why would you go to a friend's house to host a shit eating marathon?
>>
>>51239980
That is not the problem here. Why should anyone in 2015 have to be tech savvy to run a computer? Shit is so simple now. There is nothing wrong with him buying a PC that has decent specs for a good price, what is wrong is him getting fucked because WIN 10 has compatibility issues and the fact that there are so many shit windows laptops out there that it is pretty easy to get fucked over when using PC. It's not like he had a bargain basement $299 ASUS piece of shit.
>>
>>51239868
>Dell
Well found the problem

Real pc guys use Fujitsu or Panasonic laptops. They are made in Japan and are not chinese shit
>>
>>51240021
Because it's 2015, dumbass. This shit isn't new.
>>
>>51240008
10/10
>>
File: 1446431487611.jpg (83 KB, 679x960) Image search: [Google]
1446431487611.jpg
83 KB, 679x960
>>51239868
>backup drive
>HFS
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.