[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Here's a thought, AMD shills; this one goes for you, kindly
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4
Here's a thought, AMD shills; this one goes for you, kindly develop a single mATX mobo with dual AM3+ sockets along with M.2 support, whala! Workstation grade performance with all the gaymen possibility of crossfired GPU portions. But no, AMD will continue to disregard their only promising technology.
>>
>>51239467

>dual AM3+ sockets

Not possible, AM3+ CPUs don't have the second HyperTransport link needed for dual CPU operation.
>>
>>51239561
This. Besides, FX processors have awful single and multi core performance so you'd end up with a mini space heater that would pull 400 watts+ under load.
>>
>>51239467
>nvidia shill literally so retarded he thinks "whala" is a thing
>>
>>51239467
>AMD
>Good motherboard
Pick one

Motherboard manufactures don't give a shit about modern AMD. They just throw some shit together and call it a day.

Even before Intel can shit out a new socket or die-shrink, motherboard manufactures are ready with 10+ brand new, cutting-edge, fancy as fuck motherboards for it.

AMD gets the scraps.

Intel gets the prime rib.
AMD gets the fucking doggie bag.

Remember, I'm talking about motherboard manufactures. I'm not shilling for processors.
>>
>>51239467
>whala!
sorry, but I just can't take you seriously after this...
>>
AM4 and Zen will be rolling out in the next 7 - 9 months, so it wouldn't make sense to start making new AM3+ motherboards. Since Zen is focusing on the server market you'll probably end up with what you're looking for anyway. Not sure why you care about mATX in a server though. Just rack the damn thing.
>>
>>51239467
>whala!
>not voilĂ !
You need to be 18 years old to peruse this site.
>>
>>51239467

Zen is about to BTFO you
>>
>>51239788
The Sabertooth and Gigabyte ones are pretty nice mobos. Its just a symptom of AM3+ not being so flash cause they're so old.

>>51239467
>develop a single mATX mobo with dual AM3+
>AM3+

We don't like dead sockets around here. I love my 8350 and Sabertooth motherboard but I wouldn't recommend nor buy them today.

>>51239561
This

>>51239902
>>51240467

And these. No need to look back on past short comings. Zen is the future. And if its good, then that'll be good for everyone. We NEED competition. Noone can fucking argue this when Intels first consumer grade Octa-core CPU costs 1000 fucking dollars.
>>
>>51239627
multicore they are competitive with intel to a degree, not good competition anymore, but they were with the 2000 line. single core they are shit.

>>51241578
as for the 8350, i could recommend it as a used part and if its cheap enough... probably sub 150$

its not bad, its just not powerfull, but it would push any game to at least 60fps and be fantastic for general purpose.

>>51241578
take a look at it this way, intel has kept the same fucking price from the 2000 to the 6000 line and they went though what, 2 die shrinks, and kept relatively the same performance? why do we keep needing to pay the same god damn price...

if and comes out with a solid 8 core cpu for the consumer market and sell it for slightly more than cost (remember, they wrote the pc market off as a growth segment) and than sold it as a server cpu too for a higher cost, likely through socket bullshit, we could get a 300-400$ 8 core, and force intel to cheapen the fuck up because a 2-10% performance premium on single core does not make up for having the equivalent of a second cpu in performance.

>>51239467
currently apus are shit, they will get you by and possibly play some games at reasonable settings, but i cant imagine crossfire being even something to consider.

however, HBM could be put on a zen apu, 1gb, maybe even 2gb, and that would be enough to kill off the low end and low mid range gpus, if they put 4gb of memory on it, that would just be a game change in laptops or even low end desktops, we likely wont see a sub quad core zen unless amd bins massive fuck ups in the process (6 of the 8 cores are fucked) as a sellable part. so imagine it, an i7 with a mid range gpu that has the memory to feed itself properly... my god... now imagine steam commissioning a console like chip, it takes next gpus mid range and slaps 8gb on it, and buys in bulk to keep prices low... we may have a true pc console like system soon.
>>
Name me one not garbage APU.
>>
>>51239467
>whala
get kicked in the dick, faggot
>>
>>51243284
A10-7870k
>>
>>51243325
I don't understand the /g/ meme about APUs. Integrated graphics is still shit.
Look at these benchmarks (site is in Dutch, but you can read the numbers). http://be.hardware.info/productinfo/benchmarks/3/processors?products[]=307766&specId=11424&tcId=324

An i3 for example gets 20 fps where the best APU gets 30. In relative numbers thats 50% better, but in practicality 30 fps is still unplayable. Why bother? What's the use of an APU? It's too weak for games and 3D productivity. The only thing that's left is video, but any decent CPU can play full HD video without any problems.
>>
>>51243371
>muh gaems
fuck off to /v/ you piece of shit
>>
>>51243399
Nice meme, but I mentioned 3D productivity and video playback too.
I can't think of anything else you'd need a GPU for, integrated or not.
>>
File: tissi.png (340 KB, 584x499) Image search: [Google]
tissi.png
340 KB, 584x499
>>51243427
>muh gaems
>>
>>51243371
The library of games that Kaveri/Godavari APUs can handle at 720p/ high or 1080p/med is massive. It may not cover all the modern AAA titles like Battlefield and COD, but its impressive none the less.
Even Llano APUs could play both Dark Souls games above 720p and high settings. They'll all give you solid performance in the current trendy MOBAs too.

Kaveri/Godavari specifically have an issue with mobos defaulting chips to the wrong vcore, and it needs to be manually set to prevent VRM throttling which kills performance. Put a 2400mhz dual rank kit in, manually set the vcore, give yourself a mild overclock, and you have a cool running single chip system that is perfect for all your casual games and emulators up to the PS2.
>>
>>51243473
>chips to the wrong vcore
that's an AMD problem on all their CPU's. They are set waaay too high.
>>
>>51243427

>I can't think of anything else you'd need a GPU for, integrated or not.

how about a working computer for a start
>>
>>51243473
playing on low is NOT "handling"
>>
>>51243678
But iGPUs allow that.
>>
>>51243473
7850K with 850mhz GPU clock and 2400mhz ram can play GTAV, all high settings at 60fps 1440x900.

For what it is, it's pretty neat.
I wouldn't advise anyone actually buy one though.
>>
>>51243668
Its a bigger problem on their APUs since they're all designed primarily as mobile chips. The CPU and GPU share the same thermal and power margins. If the chip is running a mixed CPU and GPU workload near the limits of its margin it will throttle one of them down to give more room to the other.
If the chip gets too much voltage this point occurs far too early and far too often.
>>
>>51243699

an iGPU is an integrated gpu m80
>>
File: FuRud.jpg (119 KB, 490x600) Image search: [Google]
FuRud.jpg
119 KB, 490x600
>>51239658
>Brings Straight Fanboy Graphics card talk into a thread about CPU's and Mobos.

Stop slinging your fanboy shit around here and actually contribute to the thread
>>
File: FX-9590-57.jpg (74 KB, 537x568) Image search: [Google]
FX-9590-57.jpg
74 KB, 537x568
>>51243262

>multicore they are competitive with intel to a degree,

If you count an 8350 competing against a 4770k "a degree", sure.
>>
Hey why is multi cpu such a meme?
>>
>>51239467
>whala
it's voilĂ , you illiterate shitstain.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.