[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Newfag here. Is it all possible to play preloaded steam games
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2
File: fallout_4.001.jpg (32 KB, 238x293) Image search: [Google]
fallout_4.001.jpg
32 KB, 238x293
Newfag here. Is it all possible to play preloaded steam games before release date? I want that FO4.

I know the files are encrypted in the depotcache file, but I'm not too sure what to do with it.
>>
Jesus just fuck off.
>>
Long story short. No, it's not possible. Trust me. Now please delete this thread.
>>
You can't play it until they release the unlocker, n00b.
>>
do you know how to reverse engineer? no? fuck off
>>
>>51235964
Sure.

Just ask the NSA to borrow a few supercomputers to crack it. If you are lucky you might get a hit early.....
>>
My dad works at Steam and reversed engineered my copy for me, too bad your dad doesn't love you
>>
>>51236048

NSA data analyst here.

No sorry OP, you can't borrow our hardware - we're too busy reading your private Facebook chatlogs with your family members.

How was lunch yesterday? You had the salad, right? :)
>>
>>51235964
>>>/trash/
>>
I figured you needed some sort of ridiculous RNG and computing knowledge. Oh well, worth a shot.
>>
>>51236085
>/g/
>salads

You're not the real NSA faggot
>>
It's actually simple, just bypass the motherboard, crack the CPU internal clock, and gain access to the mainframe. From there, a few elementary lines of code and you're in.
>>
>>51235964
No, retard. The preload is encrypted.

>>>/trash/
>>
the guy asked a simple question.

jesus fuck, why is all of /g/ just a bunch of uptight fags.

answer, then continue on your way. every one here has the right to make a thread, whether it be stupid or not, if it's related to /g/.

Now, the answer is no. But, it used STEAM has a DRM so it'll probably be cracked on release day. Just wait. And it you bought it, why not wait?
>>
>>51236110
No it was not worth a shot. Go back to /v/.
>>
God you guys are a bunch of snob pricks
>>
>>51236316
Why?

Because retards who have no knowledge can't spend a minute with google before asking stupid questions?

It would be like asking your mechanic, hey can you turn my shitty auto 4 cylinder into a v8. I mean you just have to add some cylinders, right?
>>
>>51236370
If everyone googled their questions there would be no /g/
>>
File: 1439241277556.jpg (29 KB, 722x440) Image search: [Google]
1439241277556.jpg
29 KB, 722x440
>>51235964
unencrypt with truecrypt, it's using AES256

select the fallout directory. the password should be your steamID. your steamID isn't your profile URL, or your username. your steamID is a string of characters in this rough order

STEAM_0:1:034329 or something similar.

this is done automatically via steam client bootstrapper when you login 12:00 AM Nov 10 so long as you have the game pre-installed

t- valve employee.
>>
>>51236596
Thanks a shit ton, anon.
>>
>>51236596
>>51236628
Get to work anon, you've got a few hundred years ahead of you before you crack that encryption.
>>
>>51236193
>"hey guise crack this game for me pls"
>"hey guise can you get into this facebook for me?"
>"sup /b/ help me get past the icloud lock"
>gets told to fuck off
>"dude he was just asking a question don't be such an uptight fag"

maybe you shouldn't ask stupid shit OP
>>
>>51236085
m8, I had a packet of chips and some soft drink
>>
>>51236059
Is this the new my uncle works for nintendo?
>>
>>51236193
we don't want more gamer trash shitting up the board with shitty generals, bait threads and low-effort banal questions

they don't belong here, neither do you cūcks lining up to spoonfeed them
>>
>>51235964
By the time it takes you to unlock the files it will already be out.

Literally no point in trying.
>>
>>51236182
>/trash/
>its actually fucking real

what the fuck
>>
>>51237287
welcome newfag
>>
>>51236596
thanks dude, its working.
>>
>>51236760
>cracking it
>using a password

you are special. your STEAMID is the encryption key.
>>
what the fuck are you idiots talking about.

fo4 predownload isnt crackable because they dont give you the entire game, it's missing 5 gb of shit
>>
Why is everyone so fucking retarded.

>critical files are missing from the game
yeah, they'll just omit the .exe file and leave you with 20Gb in assets you can just browse around. fucking brilliant

Like I've been saying all day to idiots asking this question- the files are wholly encrypted with a key that only Steam holds. That key will be released at the time of the game release. Encryption is impossible to break within any reasonable time constraint. Anyone who thinks otherwise or tells you otherwise is plain wrong. All encryption methods are based on one way functions that are difficult to attack at their most basic level. I can explain further but I would have to assume which encryption algorithm they are using, which is not something I think I should do.
>>
gentoo can read the files just fine and you'll be able to play
>>
>>51235964
change the date on your date/time settings to November 10th, that should trick steam into thinking the game has been released.
>>
>>51236085
Do I look like some salad eating faggot?
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.