[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So who here actually likes smartphones and isn't begrudgingly
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6
File: smartphones_rect[1].jpg (221 KB, 660x440) Image search: [Google]
smartphones_rect[1].jpg
221 KB, 660x440
So who here actually likes smartphones and isn't begrudgingly using them while simultaneously wishing they were all in a dumpster?
>>
I love my iPhone.
>>
>>51234323
I got a S6 Edge,had an iPhone,so no hate

I enjoy my smarthphone very much,even the more stupider games seem fun at whatever fps phones go now a day
>>
>>51234291
I used to dislike smartphones.

Never bother buying one.
But I got one from my job.

Now I quit my job so no more smartphone, and I notice I do miss it.
>>
Fucking hate my phone. Moreso because I broke my tablet and had to read my manga on it and it was an awful experience.

I like the idea of a smartphone. I just hate all the implementations of the idea.
>>
>>51234291
They're useful, but boy do I hate being part of the botnet.
>inb4 y not just quit lol
Because, it's useful.
>>
>>51234291
The only thing I use my smartphone for is quickly looking stuff up when I'm away from a real computer, calling and texting people I know, taking pictures, and listening to music on the go. Most apps are superfluous trash.
>>
I didn't mind smartphones when it was only a few people that had them.
Like you had a few professionals with a Blackberry because they constantly needed to be in-touch at work.
But now everybody, including fucking 6 year old kids, has a smartphone and they never put it down. They don't use it for productivity, they just use it to shitpost on Facebook.

Yesterday, I saw a woman who carried two smartphones: one for her, and one for her toddler. She sits down at the restaurant and immediately gives the kid the phone, then she buries herself in her screen without noticing that her child was currently playing with a knife.

I used to like technology, and was excited to see the potential it had. But now I hate it.
>>
The only way I can like a smartphone

1. Rooted or greenified/debloated using USB debugging/debloater
2. Small and lightweight, actually fits in a coat pocket as well as my pants pocket
3. Can add a DND mode and/or call blocker
4. Battery isn't fucking tiny (<2000 mAh is useless, 1900 bare minimum)

Everyone else is running around with stock, ungreenified/bloated monster sized phones that suck battery all day long and interrupt them constantly.
>>
>>51235052
Oh, and I forgot to mention in 1. Leandroid.
>>
A jailbroken iPhone is great for me. No apple jail, and I can change the UI at a moment's notice.
>>
I like the fact it's mobile but if I didn't have unlimited data I'd not bother it.

I do the same shit on my desktop but slower and with a worse UI.
Id be happy with a iPod and a dumb phone in all honesty aside from missing the ability to google random shit and mobile shitpost like now.

Although if I had a office job I might be singing a different tune. I'm a carpenter so it'd not like I can check my insanely popular social media accounts often in my day.
>>
>>51234455
you need a phablet
>>
>>51234291
So how poor are you?
>>
>>51234291

hate using apple shit, everything is convoluted as fuck.

android is alright I guess. Nice to have on the go as a media player/internet machine.

I really want a keyboard on a smartphone because autocorrect is ass and typing in general is a nighmare.
>>
i fucking love my phone. its the mini computer i would'nt have dreamed of as a kid. i treat my phone like a tamagochi back in the day kek. i know smartphones are a biig part of what made the internet suck, because normies, but i really dig the devices itself.
i'm neet so i dont have much use for any regular phone stuff and pay only 3 bucks a month for my plan.
besides lurking with chanu i use it for playing coc, trolling normies in BAND, mp3 player and watch a netflix type app that gives me any tv in 720p.

i wish i still had the spark of a 12yr old in me i could be happy just having this mini computer. if i was young in this day n age it would be tech heaven.

also jetcar stunts is best mobile game ever. check it
>>
>>51240215
also, dem battery stats
>>
I would never continue to use a product I hated for an extended period of time. Anyone who does that with their own money and time is a masochist.
>>
>>51240215
what phone do you have anon?
>>
>>51240415
jiayu s3 china phone

android 4.4 (will get cm12.1 and 5.1lp)
5.5"
3000mah battery, removable
sd card slot (just bought a 64gb sd card for 20bucks)

bought it for 270€uros

can't complain
>>
>>51234291
It's useful at times, but I unironically think people were better off socially with just landlines.
>>
I wish they were a little smaller on average. I'm not sure what I'd get if my 5s died.

I don't dislike smart phones, it's nice to be able to quickly look up something on a device I'd carry around anyway
>>
The concept of smartphones themselves are great, but because of how the market works nobody wants to go any experimentation with form like with older cellphones which means we just get a bunch of shitty glass slabs.

Props to blackberry for at least trying, but slapping a keyboard onto a 5.5in glass slab does not work at all.
>>
>>51234356
mu nigga
>>
>>51234291

I never disliked them, I don't know why anyone but Luddites do. I can see preferring traditional phones, but flat out hating them? Just don't see why.

>They can track me and listen to my conversations!

They could do that 13 years ago, it's not much different now.
>>
>>51234291
i like mine, that gps when travelling, that bluetooth audio in my car, that social media :^), trying to find a certain type of food restaurant no problem, whatever i want just talk to my phone and there it is. people need to get with the times
>>
>>51239822
See the new blackberry. It's actually goodish
>>
The technology in them is incredible. I kind of wish they weren't such a walled garden. At this point we need to really get away from pinning them down as "smartphones", with emphasis on the phone aspect. They've been legitimate, functional pocket computers for a while now yet it seems like they're largely defined by phone companies.
>>
>>51239822
>Apple is convoluted
wat. When I used iOS, it was intuitive but limited. The only thing that you might consider convoluted is the settings menu. But Apple doesn't care because normies don't usually need to go there.
>>
>>51234291
Love my nexus 5. It's a mini computer that just sits in my pocket.

Only issue is the bloody battery life.
>>
>>51234684
>I used to like technology, and was excited to see the potential it had. But now I hate it.

This. It's like technology is making people fucking stupid. I love the convenience it brings when I need it, but I hate how things are turning out.
>>
File: 1438883848333.png (240 KB, 432x429) Image search: [Google]
1438883848333.png
240 KB, 432x429
I love my iPhone.
Having Medscape, Wikipedia and all the other sources of information in my pocket is the best thing ever.
Why would I hate such thing?
>>
I have a small smartphone but it doesn't have a sim card in it, it's kept on airplane mode so the battery lasts a decent while and I don't carry it around very often. I use it as a nightstand web browser, camera, bus/train ticket, picture/map/document viewer and as an internet access (through wifi) when I'm traveling and need to check bus schedules or whatever.

I did use it as my as my main communication device at one time but typing text messages was horrible and having to constantly charge it was annoying so I changed it to my old Nokia dumbphone. I kind of miss the navigator but then again relying on online maps and battery life is a little risky. Now I just snap a picture of whatever map I need or use a road map when I'm driving. Funnily enough, I feel more secure and free now. Having a mobile internet on the smartphone would be a nice addition to how I could use it, but I don't feel like paying for it.

A physical keyboard, small size and long battery life on a smartphone could persuade me into switching to just one device but for now I'll go with the communication dumbphone and occasionally supporting smartphone combo.

I appreciate the technology, just not the shitty touch-screen interface and how everyone is so immersed in their phones nowadays.
>>
I have a note 3 and unironically use the action memo feature to write shit down. Also 4chinz and leddit. I made quite a bit of extra dollars last year using eBay exclusively from my phone so there's that as well.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.