[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Windows 7 to 10
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
Should I just give in /g/?

I just set up my rig again after it being offline for 10 months. It hasn't gotten any windows updates in the past 10 months at all, and auto updating is off so its recieved nothing from microsoft.

Should I just go ahead and update to 10? Or should I keep living without telemetry as long as possible? Is there any way to know which windows updates are the ones that install the telemetry features on 7 so I can avoid them?

The copy of windows is pirated so I'd rather not have a watermark in 10, but I guess thats an easy fix. I would just keep living without updating but I'm afraid it'll make me more vulnerable to malware.

Thoughts, o wise /g/?
>>
bumping

i-i dont know what to do senpai
>>
i think about this to much. i have /g/ to thank for that. making me paranoid over the years with botnets etc. in the end ivve come to this conclusion. just live with it. install 7 and keep it updated. if Microsoft was really spying on u as much as /g/ thinks it was. then they would get sued .
>>
>>51233097
I kind of have that attitude too, but I feel like this is the last thing I have left before giving in completely and just not caring so I can't decide
>>
Windows 8.1, update to 10 when 10.1 arrives next year.
>>
>>51233118
I'd rather avoid 8.1
>>
Windows 7, disable updates, install Common Sense

Shouldn't have any problem with malwares
>>
File: 1418761916775.png (7 KB, 377x330) Image search: [Google]
1418761916775.png
7 KB, 377x330
I thought /g/ would be more opinionated on this
>>
Gonna get windows 10 so I can play Gigantic.
Btw, anyone have a valid windows 7 utlimate key?
>>
If you frequent paedo sites and everything on your pc is pirated. Then don't do any upgrades. If you're just a retard who thinks Microsoft is going to watch him masturbate. Then stop being retarded and upgrade everything, and based on your preferences, stay on Windows 7, or upgrade to 10
>>
>>51233097
You have nothing to worry about unless you're pedo scum
>>
>>51233097
>then they would get sued .

sued for what? what they're doing is legal. you agree to it in the EULA.
>>
>using windows

You've already lost, might as well use the latest version.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.