[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Schillsaver General - 7
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: Splash - Copy.png (56 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
Splash - Copy.png
56 KB, 512x512
Continued from previous thread.

>>51212093

-------------------------------------

Schillsaver is a program that allows you to en/decode any file(s) into a video that can be up/downloaded from to YT or any other
video hosting site for free file storage.

The current process takes forever with large files, see the tests below, so it's currently only somewhat useful for small files.

The latest version can be downloaded at the following link. I recommend reading through most of the instructions either on the
webpage or in the readme file as you're setting up the program for the first time.

The readme on the webpage is for convenience and has had some text edited, but the readme included with the download is complete.

http://valkryst.com/schillsaver/index.html

The GitHub page is at the following link.

https://github.com/Valkryst/Schillsaver

Test #1:

This test took a ~64Mb file, archived it with 7z down to ~60Mb, and encoded it in 20 minutes into a~126Mb mkv file.

It was uploaded to YTusing the "yt:quality=high" tag and it processed perfectly fine. When downloading with the ClipConverter site it was retrieved as a ~366Mb mp4 file.

Decoding the ~126Mb mkv file took ~2 minutes. Same for the ~366Mb file.

The files, as far as I could tell without an MD5, were perfectly intact.

Test #2:

This test took a ~3GB file, archived it with 7z to 3GB, and encoded it in 23h25m into a ~8.7GB video file on a dual core G3220. See >>51133373

Some of the more useful info from the original (4?) threads can be found here. It's all out of context, but eh.

http://pastebin.com/BLdea0nY

FAQ can be found at the following link.

http://pastebin.com/qbeY51Jm
>>
File: Untitled.png (57 KB, 1545x1162) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
57 KB, 1545x1162
The new version should be out later today. I won't be able to test every single possible way to break the program on my own, so expect a few bugs here and there, but I'll fix 'em up right quick once I'm notified of them.

I've had to learn some CSS to style the interface, so the buttons are a bit iffy looking (although the look is growing on me slightly).

Everything seems to work a lot more smooth/quickly than the old Swing interface, the native file chooser can be used instead of the shitty Java file chooser, and you now create "Jobs" to run instead of en/decoding a bunch of files at any one time.

The current way that Jobs will be run is pretty basic, but I'm going to implement a greedy algorithm to run the shortest Jobs first along with a two-threaded operation to allow the user to run both encode and decode Job at the same time.
>>
won't youtube just mangle this with lossy compression? is there a size limit where it won't do that?
>>
>>51232892
With the program's default settings, the videos are "compressed" to a point where they're still perfectly fine to download and decode.

All of the settings where we've achieved better ratios result in YouTube's compression doing too much damage to the video or not having supported colorspaces for YT to use.
>>
Looks like this'll take a bit longer than expected.

The program is working fine, as far as I can tell, but with the way JavaFX handles concurrency, I need to rework how 7zip and FFMPEG are being run using a more-proper threaded solution.
>>
someone port this to another language desu
>>
>no subtitles
that's now how this works
>>
>>51234433
Schillserver and the headless worker will be in Go
:^)
>>
Program is pretty close to working fine now.

A decent chunk of code had to be rewritten, but the interface is updating as expected, jobs are encoding properly, and now I just need to fix-up decoding as I have encoding and it should be usable.
>>
>java

ya blew it
>>
>>51232794

OK, so this application allows someone to turn any file into black and white blocks and then you just upload to youtube as if it was a cloud service like Dropbox? Right?

Another thing is that I'm sort of stuck on encoding because when i click encode it just opens up 7zip instead of encoding. Could anyone elaborate?
>>
>>51237147
Yup, that's pretty much what it's for.

Can you show me the text from your output screen and your error log file?

A new, pretty-much fully rewritten, version of the progam will be out within the next few hours.
>>
>>51237240

This is the error log

{2015/Nov/07-20:25:02}--LogType|ERROR: Could not create nullEnter a name for the encoded handler. shutting down.
>>
>>51237463
O.o Alright, well the new version of the program might be ready in a few minutes here. I'm just testing out the decoding right now.

Throw the thread on auto-refresh and you'll see when it's out.
>>
>>51237533

ok
>>
Going through and revising a few parts of the readme...
>>
Done and uploaded.

There's a decent chance that there are a fair amount of bugs or quirks that I haven't found, so if you find ANYTHING that seems even a bit off, then report back to me if you can.

http://valkryst.com/schillsaver/index.html
>>
>>51232886
What is contrast?
But seriously, looks good but the buttons and text should stand out more.
>>
>>51238095
Yeah, I really like dark GUIs. They don't burn my eyes at night.

Hmm... good suggestion. I'll see about getting some brighter colors for them.
>>
>java
java
>java
java
>java
>>
>>51240084
Might want to repeat that a few more times. I don't think I've heard you yet.
>>
what's wrong with java for non-performance critical software?
It's much easier to get shit done timely than in C for example
also every idiot and their dog have the JVM installed on their machine so it basically runs anywhereâ„¢
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.