[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does /g/ hate Systemd? Which distro doesn't use it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4
File: ZPYvQed.jpg (849 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
ZPYvQed.jpg
849 KB, 1080x1920
Why does /g/ hate Systemd?

Which distro doesn't use it?
>>
>>51232233
>Why does /g/ hate Systemd?
Most of /g/ is retarded and will enthusiastically hate whatever other retards tell them to without having any idea what they're talking about.
>Which distro doesn't use it?
I believe Gentoo and slackware still don't ship it by default, though that information may be out of date.
>>
>>51232233
autists
>>
You could also go over to FreeBSD if you don't like it.

It's not the best piece of software, and it's a bit concerning the way the Linux ecosystem is going. But day to day your choice of init system doesn't affect you much. Even if you're a ricer.
>>
>>51232233
Don't use Nao for threads like these. It's degrading.
>>
Too complex.
>>
>>51232233
>Why does /g/ hate Systemd?
It's designed to give you less freedom of choice. As systemd becomes more prevalent, they keep pulling in other projects and changing them in ways that make other init systems more difficult to use. The systemd philosophy is that other projects should conform to work with systemd, not the other way around.

>Which distro doesn't use it?
Gentoo
>>
>>51232280

There's a version of Manjaro that is also free of SystemD. Literally Arch without SystemD, and "It just werks" shit for kiddies.

And there's a SystemD version as well, for the people who don't hate it.
>>
>>51232233
who is this semen demon?
>>
>>51232233
Install gentoo (or slackware).
without-systemd.org
>>
Berkeley
>>
File: 1365728076835.jpg (11 KB, 312x313) Image search: [Google]
1365728076835.jpg
11 KB, 312x313
>Switch recently to systemd distro for my server
>have to edit one of the unit files to have a program run as a specific user
>find out systemd spews the configs all over the fucking system in the most random places
>have to ls |grep like 10 different dirs until I finally find the one
>edit config and restart
>it fucks it up anyways

I found that it's literally just easier to manually start the daemons in bash than try to convince systemd to do what I want.
>>
>>51232233
FREEBSD, the best.
>>
>>51237502
>launchd
>freebsdgirl
>freebsd is inclusive!
>>
>>51237531
Fug, posted too fast
>no rdrand
>slow
>no drivers
>>
I didn't care until I had to restart nginx on a server I don't maintain. /etc/init.d/ told me to use service, service didn't work and the systemd util crashed

it was on ubuntu 'stable'
>>
>>51235763
wow nice argument fagotron, you sure showed me with those hot opinions
>>
>>51232233
Void Linux is best systemd-free distro.

But I recommend using a *BSD if you want an actually good OS. Net and Open are schway.
>>
>>51238249
no probz
>>
>>51238276
>>>/lamechan/
>>
>>51232642
ur waifu is trash
>>
>>51238158
WTF is Ubuntu 'stable'? If you meant LTS, it doesn't use systemd.
>>
File: say-what.jpg (58 KB, 578x650) Image search: [Google]
say-what.jpg
58 KB, 578x650
>>51238276
>Void Linux
Worse-than-Gentoo tier
>>
>>51239322
that'd be easy because gentoo is best distroo
>>
>>51239349
This.
>>
>>51239349
>best distroo [sic]
More like best meme.
>>
>>51232233
>>51232233
3)You will not post any of the following outside of /b/: Trolls, flames,off-topic replies

6)The quality of posts is extremely important to this community. Contributors are encouraged to provide high-quality images and informative comments.

https://www.4chan.org/rules#g
2)"Obvious advice" threads may be removed at our discretion.
>>
>>51235538
nao from charolette
>>
>>51239322
but anon, worse is better
>>
File: Nao_Tomori_CD1.png (166 KB, 546x226) Image search: [Google]
Nao_Tomori_CD1.png
166 KB, 546x226
>>51240603

nao made that shitshow worth watching
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.