[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Working on a new desktop
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: as5_pg1.jpg (21 KB, 362x168) Image search: [Google]
as5_pg1.jpg
21 KB, 362x168
What's the best way to apply silver to my processor /g/?
>>
>>51230196
single dot the size of a pea, or a small line of equivalent volume.
depends on the shape of your die, read THE FUCKING MANUAL.
>>
I usually use my penis as an applicator
>>
>>51230196
Scrap it around the sides with your debit card.
>>
>>51230196
small dot
It has been proven, google next time

/thread
>>
>>51230231
this, but instead of arctic silver I use my cum
>>
File: application method comparison.jpg (76 KB, 601x751) Image search: [Google]
application method comparison.jpg
76 KB, 601x751
>>51230196
>>
>>51230196
use toothpaster
>>
Kinda related but since i'ma open it to install ram and clean off dust, is there any need to take off the one already applied and reapply?
first time pc here, applied it last april
>>
>>51230370
I'd like to know this too

regarding dust: if you use compressed air, make sure to not spin the fans in your machine because they'll generate a voltage that could damage your internals.
>>
Go for a happy face it works great >>51230262
>>
>>51230370
You don't usually have to apply thermal paste, but after a few years of thermal expansion and contraction after its long since dried out and cracked, it wouldn't hurt.
>>
>>51230262
This benchmark is completely irrelevant. It depends on the amount of cores and their placement, you fucking retard.
>>
I just reapplied my cpu paste because it's honestly been 2 years and i was seeing upper 70s Celsius under load. Swear to God all these threads on here made me more nervous than I should have been, but I made a thin layer that wouldn't spill over after putting the heatsink back on and avg Temps went down 4-5c idle and 20(!) under load.
>>
>>51230418
ok good to know, i'm actually replacing the stock fans with a couple noctua fans, gotta look more into that now.
>>51230474
all right thanks, that makes sense.
>>
>>51230418
Just disconnect the fans first. It's just a couple jumper connections. I cleaned out my case yesterday and it was much easier letting the fans spin and clear out some of the dust.
>>
Has anyone actually tested semen?
>>
>>51230518
GPU fans are kind tough to disconnect tho even though it depends on the model
>>
>>51230518
>>51230418
Do not let the fans spin! It can damage the barring if you use compressed air.
>>
>>51230231
I'm sure it takes about 100 swipes to cover the processor
>>
It doesn't really matter tbqh.

Just a splodge in the middle will do.
>>
>>51230491
I just reapply if the temps get worse, no harm done. I just make sure I run a benchmark before I do anything really cpu intensive until I get satisfying results.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSCVahyh3Dk
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.