[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Windows 7 or 10
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2
File: windows-10-logo.jpg (189 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
windows-10-logo.jpg
189 KB, 1024x768
I'll probably buy the laptop of a friend, who recently upgraded to windows 10. The thing is, I don't really like the flat design, the app integration or the interface, which is why I thought about putting a cracked version of windows 7 on it.
So..

>windows 10 or nah
>>
install gentoo
>>
gentoo
>>
load windows 7 on it.

update your windows 7 all the way, but don't get Win10 yet

use Windows Loader by Daz to make it genuine.

Upgrade to Windows 10.
>>
Windows 8.1 is the pinnacle of Windows right now. Faster than 7, more stable than 10.
>>
>>51229110
>more stable than 10
Do people actually think windows 10 is unstable? Right now its about as stable as any windows OS will ever be, has been since like day 2.

oh /g/ and your memes
>>
>>51228681
Windows 10, becouse Windows 10 hates pearanoic or retards who does not perceive anything new. Be a normal man.
>>
>>51229068
>Upgrade to Windows 10.
>Upgrade
>>
>>51228681
windows 10 desu senpai
>>
>>51228681
You don't get windows 10. I mean, think about it. what reason is there besides is being an "upgrade"? DirectX maybe in the future but even that hardly matters.
>>
>>51229490
windows 10 has a host of performance improvements since 7, this would be especially important on a laptop assuming drivers are all updated and in working order
>>
File: shillsbtfo.png (127 KB, 420x604) Image search: [Google]
shillsbtfo.png
127 KB, 420x604
>>51229563
>>
>>51229579
Do you really have to be a shill to say a brand new OS outperforms a 6 year old OS?
>>
>>51229226
>has been since like day 2
hahahahahahahaahahahahhahahahahaha

I've had far more issues with 10 than any Windows version, including Vista. NVIDIA drivers auto-updating and becoming buggy as fuck, the system reaching 100% memory usage with only a few applications open, inexplicable slowness when opening the start menu once in a while, taskbar icons disappearing, some update that can't be installed and shows "Reverting changes" at boot. That without mentioning other issues like the blinding white as fuck title bars.

inb4 >it works on muh machine XD, you must be doing something wrong XD lol epic
Even OEMs tech support centers are recommending reverting back to 8.1 to some people. Windows 10 isn't ready for everyone yet. If it works for you, congrats, but don't assume it's perfect for everyone. But don't worry shills, 10.1 will arrive next year and it'll be better.
>>
>>51229665
>how to tell someone didn't do a clean install
>>
>>51229717
Except I did. Besides that, requiring a clean install to have a good functioning OS means the OS is bad.
>>
>>51229737
this. I run windows, osx, and linux, and both linux and osx I'm able to the upgrade installs on them with no issue. Ive always prefered to do clean installs, but as of late, I havne't had to reformat any of my machines for a long time and I guess because of that I've started tdoing upgrade installs instead. Tried it on windows and i got the >something happened, something happenemed meme message.
Microsoft will slowly wither away. Will probably take until sometime in the 2020's, but it will happen. Screencap this post.
>>
>>51229737
>now realizes mistake
>b-but I did do a clean install!! why would an OS require that anyway??!
A clean install isn't required but eliminates a lot of issues, especially with drivers and updates
>>
>>51229579
Evan pls go
>>
>>51228681
install minix
>>
>>51229635
That's not me but if you really need performance on an old/slow machine just get Linux.
>>
>>51229789
So besides being retarded and a shill you can't read.
>>
>>51228681
>>51229007
>>
>>51229937
True, but the question is should OP go windows 7 or keep 10. Aside from the appearance OP doesn't seem to have an issue with 10 and windows 7 would just be a downgrade performance wise
>>
>>51230008
Alright. If he doesn't care about the spying then yeah go with Win 10.
>>
So just a quick question.

If i'm installing Win10, is it best to keep my current programs or just keep the files?
>>
>>51230482
clean install is always best option desu senpai
>>
>>51230555
I know it is, but on my current workstation i'm unsure if it's the best way to go.
>>
>>51230008
let's say I don't really care if win 10 performs slightly better than 7, if there are just minor differences..
the whole spying-affair let's me rethink my decision to keep win 10, even if that means I'll work with a shitty performance
>>
You can degrade to win 7 within win 10 if I'm right.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.