[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can rooting physically destroy components on a tablet? did I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1
File: latest.jpg (89 KB, 427x562) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
89 KB, 427x562
Can rooting physically destroy components on a tablet? did I just royally fuck up?

I just rooted a newly bought tablet and the wifi stopped working, reverting to stock ROM didnt solve it. did i just break the tablet?
>>
>>51228444
yes
>>
>>51228444
Nice trips
>>51228455
nice dubs
>>
>>51228455
Well, that was $500 well spent then. dont suppose theres a way to fix it?
>>
>>51228501
Claim it was broken when you got it and get a warranty replacement
>>
>>51228525
Was my plan, but KNOX counter would make it easy to spot.
>>
>>51228554
most places don't check the KNOX counter
>>
>>51228444
It can't destroy components. You most likley flashed the radio incorrectly.
>>
>>51228632
in that case, why reverting back to the stock rom didnt fix it?
>>
>>51228673
You probably got the wrong rom. There are usually a lot of different hardware revisions of a single product because the radio needs to do different things in different regions, laws differ etc. Make sure the product code and region matches with your device.
>>
>>51228444
Haha dumbass
>>
>>51229823
I am looking at the product code, Made sure its double sure identical.
>>
>>51229924
Maybe it doesn't include a radio rom but your custom one did.. idk. check xda see if they got a radio for your device. they usually do.
>>
>>51229961
Original wasn't custom, it was newly bought from the store. Looked a XDA and found nothing so far, dropped a question but zero replies so far.

What do CSC codes mean? perhaps they matter? I downloaded the Polish version since it was the matching product code. but I noticed the same product code also matches most of Europe, only difference is the CSC code.
>>
Why didn't you just factory reset it you dumbass?
>>
>>51230120
Its the first thing I did, First factory reset (which made my phone go full Polish for some reason) but it didnt work. only then did I try going back to stock ROM.
>>
>>51228554
How do they prove they didn't know it was faulty and set the KNOX counter +1 so that they could blame the innocent customer?
>>
>>51230267
They don't need to prove that, they can just tell you to go fuck yourself.
>>
Screw Samsung for their KNOX, people should be allowed root access to their devices without being branded.
>>
>>51228444
colonel o'neill?
>>
>>51230720
>Screw Samsung for their KNOX, people should be allowed root access to their devices without being branded.
No, they shouldn't, and OP is a perfect example of why they shouldn't. He's the reason we can't have nice things.
>>
>>51230552
maybe in murrica but in EU we actually have consumer laws that protects the consumer
>>
>>51230746
You know the worst part about this? Every time we loop Daniel asks me a question, and I wasn't listening the first time.
>>
>>51230112
>I downloaded the Polish version since it was the matching product code
>>
>>51231092
You are not the only one who has to experience discomort.

God that was a good episode.
>>
>>51230906
in this case, the merchant needs protection
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.