[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Blackberry Priv
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 9
File: blackberry-priv-side-view-press.jpg (74 KB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
blackberry-priv-side-view-press.jpg
74 KB, 1200x900
It is decided. The Priv is the Thinkpad of phones. Can't wait to start to see this phone get on the second hand market.

>great keyboard
>rugged design (at least compared to shit like the 6p
>aimed to business usage
>highy specced
>good OS
>>
https://youtu.be/gwDT-77xo_Y
>>
>>51225391
>thinkpad of phones

Is this really a compliment?
>shit chiclet keyboard
>awful build quality that progressively gets worse year after year
>aimed at business usage by adding in spyware and removing 7 row keyboards
>slow to adopt high end specs every generation
>they stopped selling DOS/No OS equipped machines and now force a windows license on every new purchase

But hey there is one parallel between Thinkpad and the Blackberry Priv.

Both brand names are steadily dying
>>
>>51225446

I'm not talking about post *20 Thinkpads... You can't deny the similarities.
>>
>>51225391
>>good OS
ha, no.
>>
>>51225600
>You can't deny the similarities.

The ONLY similarity that you can find between the old thinkpads and the Priv is a half cocked convoluted idea that Blackberry wont let go of the physical keyboard in the name of tradition, and the idea that tradition used to mean something to thinkpad.

You did a much better job shilling for the Passport.
>>
>>51225391
>good os
>lagdroid
>>
>>51225418
4:57
>panoramic mode to get everybody in the shot
>neckbeard by himself using pan mode to mimic having people to take a selfie with

i'm buying it no doubt
>>
http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2015/11/two-days-with-the-blackberry-priv-it-needs-to-be-better/
>>
File: image.jpg (349 KB, 859x687) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
349 KB, 859x687
349 KB JPG
>>51225391 (OP) #
Nothing is decided and you certainly aren't one who decides for others. There are far better android phones in 800 dollar range, which are lag free too.
>>
>>51225391
How is a phone with a slide out keyboard considered "rugged"

My Droid 2 died from the flax cable failing, its just another point of failure.
And the design is going to make it pretty tough to put a decent case on it.
>>
>shit battery life
>shit camera
>no support after Blackberry go bankrupt
>>
>aimed at business men
>android
lel

This will be the phone that bankrupts Blackberry
>>
>>51225796
>3410 mAh battery
>Shit
>18MP
>Shit

Do you even know what you're fucking talking about?
>>
>>51226447
To be fair, 18Mpixel doesn't say shit about he quality. The sensor itself could be shit apart from a high pixel count, the image processing could be subpar, the lens could be made of bubble gum and shrink wrap for all you know. Megapixels says nothing.
>>
>>51226447
>implying the quality of a camera is its megapixel count
wew lad
>>
>>51225391
>Locked bootloader
Enjoy no root and no custom ROMs.
>>
File: 1435953517833.jpg (48 KB, 410x416) Image search: [Google]
1435953517833.jpg
48 KB, 410x416
Did they sell 5 billion yet?
>>
>>51225739
>Blackberry is promising a Marshmallow version for the new year
I wasn't planning on getting one until Q2 2016 anyway.
>>
>>51225391
No the Q10 is the thinkpad of phones. the priv is like the x1 carbon
>>
File: 1446386340724.png (353 KB, 558x569) Image search: [Google]
1446386340724.png
353 KB, 558x569
No, thinkpad of phones is the Q10. Android is for toys.
>>
File: nokia_n9_review_sg_571-820x420.jpg (77 KB, 820x420) Image search: [Google]
nokia_n9_review_sg_571-820x420.jpg
77 KB, 820x420
>>51225391
>good OS
>android
Choose one

You people on /g/ don't really believe Android has a nice architecture, do you?
>>
>>51225446
>awful build quality that progressively gets worse year after year
The phone has JUST come out to market and yet somehow you say this? If you don't like it fine; but don't spout bullshit.
>>
>>51227666
>unironically wanting indian curryroms
>>
>Own Blackberry Priv
>Have to pull it out of your pocket to check your Priv

They actually did it, the absolute madmen!
>>
>>51230016
iOS and Android are the dominate platforms and have the greatest app availability. Apple doesn't allow their speshul snowflake OS on anything else so the the choice was made for them. BBOS just isn't relevant to today's market, get over it.
>>
>>51230034
>>51230016
>still trying to shill Wangblows niggernet phail three years later

lel

we know you're an indian currynigger you know :)
>>
File: nokia-n9-homescreen-apps.jpg (130 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
nokia-n9-homescreen-apps.jpg
130 KB, 1024x768
>>51230071
Literally the only thing that android has is an App platform, everything else is terrible with it, including the developer tools, each build needs to be cherished for a specific phone of a specific build and patches need to be done individually and their repo tool is terrible and surfaceflinger and dalvik/art are laggy as fuck

95% of android phones are vulnerable to stagefreight and they won't be patched because android doesn't have a modular centralized updating system like every single gnu/linux distro, and those who are a little more tech savvy have to use buggy roms made by clueless peiole on XDA

Come on it's 2015, why is any of this allowed
>>
I love it. I'd buy it if it was available here.
>>
File: venice_angle5[1].jpg (3 MB, 8000x8000) Image search: [Google]
venice_angle5[1].jpg
3 MB, 8000x8000
John Chen is saying they have a "range of devices coming" after the priv. those niggaz better be considering a new BB10 phone.

https://youtu.be/s1wWxcE2eNw
>>
Currently being shipped to me on Monday. Can't wait to fiddle with a new phone after May 2011 when I got the galaxy s2 which is still going strong but I wanted an upgrade and I've always hated this swype bullshit.
>>
>>51230114
I'm not disagreeing with anything you said but no matter how much you bitch and moan it won't change the fact the iOS and Android are the dominate entrenched mobile OS's. I know you and others don't like it but app availability matters above all else to the market. BBOS among others had plenty of time to adapt to the changing market when the iPhone/iOS debuted but instead they chose hubris. Now it is very hard to break into the market because you have to convince popular app makers to develop for other OS's. In case you haven't noticed not even Microsoft with all their resources has pulled this off.

>Why is this allowed
Tech illiterate consumers far outnumber everyone else.
>>
>>51230386
And sadly the mobile computer will never progress while these two are an oligopoly, even the 4 year old ill fated N9 has a better user experience than iOS and Android
>>
>>51225391

it's a fucking brick too
>>
>>51230414
Consumertards don't give a shit about security, privacy, or user experience. It's strictly about all the shitty apps they use. There's also the marketing efforts Applel/Samshit make's to label other things as worse in every way.
>>
>>51230459
>Muh thin fragile bullshit that breaks easily but at least it looks good
>>/fa/
>>
>>51230114
>Come on it's 2015, why is any of this allowed
That's because Phone manufacturer, Carriers want control over Android. That's what fucked everything up. Fragmentation of support for Android is really bad because of OEM/Carrier hold so much proprietary control over updates.
>>
75% percent of /g/ is using a galaxy s3. Is the priv the next galaxy s3 for /g/?
>>
>Physical keyboard also acts as a touch screen for swiping.

Neat.
>>
>>51230077
>>>51230034
>>>51230016
>>still trying to shill Wangblows niggernet phail three years later
>lel
>we know you're an indian currynigger you know :)

>you don't know who your father is lel lel
>>
>>51230496
Protip carriers are only the tip of the iceberg of the problems of android
>>
>>51230327
Same here anon
Im waiting for next gen z10
>>
>vertical keyboard

what the actual fuck
>>
>>51230496
To be fair Google allowed this in the first place to speed up the spread and adoption of Android. I think they may be working toward a version of Android that allows the core OS to be updated universally while still allowing OEM/Carrier skins and bloatware to be layered on top.
>>
>>51230542
Oh, I know. Android has problems, but the fragmentation of software core OS support is what cause security outbreaks to happen. Even Custom Roms update won't give your daily updates. For instant if you flash unofficial port of Cyanogen rom...you won't get updated to CM12. You have to buy a flagship to sure that Custom Rom developers didn't give your phone the middle finger.

The reason why people put with Android garbage software architecture/foundation, instability, and fragmentation is because of the massive aftermarket support, User-Centric control over the OS then Windows, and the fact it's a cheap commodity.
>>
File: image_1.jpg (93 KB, 640x885) Image search: [Google]
image_1.jpg
93 KB, 640x885
>4chan boss
>nice to meme you
>>
Wish it was powered by windows phone supporting continuum... damn you BlackBerry.
>>
>>51230017
the point

your head
>>
>>51225418
>"The Blackberry Experience"

Holy ferretfuck, consumerwhores are retarded. Is this the same type of marketing babble Apple and Microsoft use? I don't follow this shit.
>>
My new BlackBerry Priv looks great with my ThinkPad.
>>
>>51225744
...sauce on that pic please
>>
legit best phone i ever had family it really brings out the best in you
>>
>>51230077
lol the only reason u have a computer is cuz ur moms a jawa
>>
>>51231722
except the blackberry experience is a thing

the backberry ecosystem is designed for corps, and using the BB functionality it turns your phone into a whole new device for the IT team, doing all kinda of crazy shit like the bb push notifications or whatever.

but yea no, useless for the average consumer
>>
>>51225391
The v10 is going to be the second hand phone to get. No one cares about a physical keyboard anymore.
>>
File: 1426797962048.jpg (1 MB, 1452x1599) Image search: [Google]
1426797962048.jpg
1 MB, 1452x1599
>>51225391
>>good OS
That was pretty good desu senpai.
Tell another
>>
>>51230477
>app availability matters above all else to the market.
which is kinda funny, because on a desktop/laptop - which have a lot better program selection than any mobile device, most normies only use the browser.
Personally, I blame steve jobs.
>>
>>51225391
>No IR blaster.
>Only one speaker.
>On screen buttons

WHY
>>
>>51237772
>IR blaster.
do people ever use this?
>>
>>51237759
>Personally, I blame steve jobs.
Somewhat agree, but majority of people have always been tech-retarded. They just played into his hands like he was the pied-piper of consumer tech. What's amazing is other companies still haven't figured out how to market their products in the way that Apple does, although Samshit comes close and they are the most common phones I see out in the wild.
>>
>>51239118
not every tv is wifi or bt enabled, anon
>>
>>51239275
>Not just using the fucking remote
>Being so lazy that you pull out your phone to control the TV
>>
>>51239308
You can use it for more than just your TV. For example, other people's TVs.
>>
>>51239353
My remote has died,
i'm lazy and can't into going out to buy a new one.
ordered a LG G4 yesterday.
>>
>>51225391
>no toolbelt
dropped
Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.