[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dear /g/. How do I properly deal with Windows 10 spying/data
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: 1444125975962.jpg (229 KB, 1140x1310) Image search: [Google]
1444125975962.jpg
229 KB, 1140x1310
Dear /g/.

How do I properly deal with Windows 10 spying/data mining in general discussions?

I faced this problem few times already - when I try to convince others that they should at least feel worry and try to find solution to W10 datamining and such, they keep replaying the same arguments (in order of most frequently used):

>"Everybody collects your data, cut your internet cable, if you dont want it to happen" ( sometimes followed by suggestion that some softare is probably collecting what I type right now, so Im hypocrite, etc)
>"MS is doing this for purpose of making better software/everything uses internet connection for auto-improving" (usually connected with previous one)
>"I trust MS, they would never do anything nasty with my data or try to sell it"
>"Google/Apple is worse"
>"Linux collect data too"
>"Those URL you posted shows that nothing valuabe is being sent" (after I post links to articles like this Czech one or from Arstechnica)
>"Maybe you dont want it, but I do! I want my software to be improved and Im happy to help companies like MS!"

When somebody try to continue "discussion", they keep using the same "arguments", sometimes dropping "its good because its popular" talk or mixing what I listed here.

Im out of ideas and kindly ask for help.

Thank you for any replies, /g/, like always.
>>
>>50840725
>put a tin foil hat on
>>
Ask them if they like being cattle.
>>
Install
n
s
t
a
l
l

Gentoo
e
n
t
o
o
>>
how about you just shut up and don't talk about "muh freedoms" around normal people.

they don't care, as is obvious by your post.
>>
>>50840725
>>"I trust MS, they would never do anything nasty with my data or try to sell it"
>>"Apple is worse"
>>"Linux collect data too"
Just fyi
If you hear those arguments on a discussion basis, you're being rused.
>>
>>50840725
Well, even an idiot should be able to understand that all this data mining requires extra code, which in turn adds both bloat and potential security risks. Really though, the data mining is getting out of control. Not even from just a privacy point of view. Think about how ridiculous the efforts of these companies are, all to provide a comodity as arbitrary in value as advertising. They are risking so much of your life and identity to provide garbage.
Someone needs to set a legal precedence where one of these data miners gets hacked and sued for millions in damages by their users. Money is the only way to slow this shit down.
>>
>>50840940
This. Evangelicals off all hues can fuck off.
>>
>>50840946
Never underestimate how stupid and gullible people can be...

I've run into people who make people who say those things look completely normal and not just in youtube comments, but face-to-face.

Seriously thou, the reason why companies can get away with this sort of thing is because most people don't give a shit. It's the same reason why big corporations can get away with polluting and spilling all kinds of poisons as long as they don't do it domestically.

Union Carbide never paid any significant penalties when their negligence caused the Bhopal disaster despite it's been estimated to have killed something like 16.000 people and injured over half a million. The only people who still bring it up are environmentalists the same way the only people who speak about what Microsoft and Google are up to are data privacy advocates.
>>
tell them when they are in the camps with you

my go to is "when your butthole is already stretched out you can take a much bigger cock" it has all the vulgar force I feel it needs, and has the same logical cant to its sound that your friends maintain in their utterances of sage wisdom
>>
>believing that because you use Linux the NSA isn't tracking you or something.

If anything you are being more closely scrutinized

I just stopped caring tbh, just going to enjoy gaming until the SHTF.

I'm fucked if I use any technology other than maybe ham radio anyways

I'll see you all in the camps
>>
>>50840940
>>50840946
This.
You don't need to try at all. You've got better things to do. Stop being a try-hard arrogant cunt.

Keep in mind: people are unware that privacy is their own right and the implications that follows, due to our current regulations.

>Startpage.io
>Laquadrature.net
>stallmanu's page and FSF
should be a couple of good ways to begin with.
>>
>>50840953

>They are risking so much of your life and identity to provide garbage.

Considering the fact that most people do their best to block internet ads, ignore IRL ads and in general have negative view on adveritsing at all, why focusing so much on this aspect anyway? And why the hell does companies pay so much money for such data?

Basically "we pay large sums of money to provide people things they hate".
>>
>>50841135

This.
There are people who deepy care about these issues , just visit about any hacking conference that is not majorly corporate funded , and even there you find people arguing about it.
It's just hard to convince ordinary people how essential it is to have privacy and not beeing faced with 3 letter agencies and corporations running of the leash of public control.
People just don't give a shit , it's sad but for them it's "ajj just virtual ones and zeroes" and why should they care because they have nothing to hide.
Those are the fuckers who deserve to have their noodz leaked , credit cards hacked , social media accounts ransacked and private data stolen. Because that's exactly what this shit is leading up to.
Companies still use flash because of "user experience" so they can fuck you over with stupid ads , NSA could stop virtually all botnet acitivity but they chose not to , Government undermining otherwise perfectly well encryption standarts etc etc.
>>
If you really think they are fucking taking logs of everything you type you are a fucking tool
>>
>>50843946

I dont, they do. And claims that this is the reason to allow fun-on spying.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.