[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
hey /g/uys ive been trying to root my stylo (h636) lollipop for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: lg_g_stylus.jpg (29 KB, 425x378) Image search: [Google]
lg_g_stylus.jpg
29 KB, 425x378
hey /g/uys ive been trying to root my stylo (h636) lollipop for 2 weeks now with no progress because everything requires windows while i run ubuntu. any help at all would be appreciated
>>
Install Windows
>>
Double boot master race
>>
>>50836342
not viable at all
>>
>>50836434
too late to do that. dont wanna risk my pc being formatted again cause the cd rom is broken
>>
File: 1386313235812.jpg (59 KB, 331x319) Image search: [Google]
1386313235812.jpg
59 KB, 331x319
>requires windows while i run ubuntu
I can't believe the linux meme outlasted rickrolling
>>
>>50836589
i had no choice cause i needed a pc quick and my buddy has an ext. cd rom and the boot disk but no burner
>>
>>50837126
use a USB flash drive. haven't installed an OS using a CD in several years.
>>
>>50837154
my bios supports it but everytime i tried it didnt work
>>
>>50836289
if the you really absoluitely need windows.
your best and easiest option is to install it in a virtualbox and pass thorugh the usb to the guest.
very easy process. but i can not image that there is no way for your phone to be rooted/flashed from your linux box. most of these things can be done via adb.
>>
>>50837250
my pc is complete shit so even thinking about virtual box makes it freeze
>>
File: usb.png (45 KB, 792x427) Image search: [Google]
usb.png
45 KB, 792x427
>>50837296

made a pic to illustrate.

you install windows as guest and just got to the usb tab after installing the guest addiions.
stick in the phone and pass it through with the button on the right.
alternatively you can set a filter for specific ports on the button above that.
that one port will act like its part of the virtual machine and will not be accessible from the host while the guest is active.

>my pc is complete shit so even thinking about virtual box makes it freeze

try it even 32bit win 7 will run with only 512mb of ram allocated to it.
>>
>>50837323
so what you're saying to do is install windows as guest and through vb on host run the program?
>>
>>50837250
100% agreed. If you "need" windows for this shit, use it in a virtual machine.
But I can't believe you need it for rooting an android phone. Think about it.
>>
>>50837386
the host is your ubuntu machine.
the guest is winddows you isntall inside virtualbox.
>>
>>50837386
you run the programm you need inside your guest. but connect the phone via usb to your host like ususal. but instead of using the usb like you would normal you pass it to the guest so it appears inside the guest and can be used to interface with the phone.
>>
>>50837473
>>50837443
i will report back in the morning but rn everything seems good. vb is installed just gotta mount my iso and all that jazz
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.