[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Trackball thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 6
File: microsoft-trackball-explorer.jpg (38 KB, 570x570) Image search: [Google]
microsoft-trackball-explorer.jpg
38 KB, 570x570
Mice hurt mu wrist
>>
> using a mouse

pleb
>>
File: k72337.jpg (234 KB, 1300x1300) Image search: [Google]
k72337.jpg
234 KB, 1300x1300
What trackball are you all using? Thinking about getting a Slimblade next.
>>
File: M-DT1DRBK_01.png (489 KB, 1017x1000) Image search: [Google]
M-DT1DRBK_01.png
489 KB, 1017x1000
Anyone here understands moonrunes?
There's a new device (Elecom M-DT1DRBK) that kinda looks like a viable replacement for Microsoft Explorer trackball but I can't find a release date (if there even is one).
Elecom's last trackball (thumb ball) wasn't very good as far as I know (problems with tracking on the black ball) but hopefully they fixed it.
>>
>>50827629
It says "Coming Soon" so the date isn't announced yet.
Just use a web translator

There's also a wired version so that's good.
>>
>>50827627
This has been on my list of shit to buy for more than a year, but I'm still hesitant to pull the trigger. I suppose I could return it / flog it to CEX if I don't like it, but still.
>>
File: 152211-B.jpg (23 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
152211-B.jpg
23 KB, 500x500
who /cheapasfuckbutwantatrackballanyway/ here?
>>
File: trackballs.jpg (227 KB, 1200x675) Image search: [Google]
trackballs.jpg
227 KB, 1200x675
>>50828111
not me

>>50827627
Slimblade at home and Microsoft Explorer at work. The one in your pic is quite good for the price, but not enough buttons for daily use.
>>
>>50827629
I don't like the wasted space under ring and pinky finger. They should've put buttons there instead of that one on top right from the ball
>>
>>50828161
>work
i see why you aren't.

had i the money i'd get one of the higher end trackballs, can't recall the name of the maker, but it wasn't a microsoft, or kensington.
>>
File: CST2545-5W_big.jpg (142 KB, 800x533) Image search: [Google]
CST2545-5W_big.jpg
142 KB, 800x533
>>50828206
>work
>i see why you aren't.
I'm a polandfag though, so my salary is smaller than american minimum pay.

>can't recall the name of the maker, but it wasn't a microsoft, or kensington.
There are 3 trackball makers available on western market right now: Kensington, Logitech, CST. + Sanwa and Elecm in Asia. + a few chink cheap ones.
So you probably mean the CST?
>>
>>50828285
yeah thanks, that's the one.
>>
>>50828307
supposedly it's very good, but the scroll wheel is in a very hard to reach place - and personally I'm not a fan of such a big upward slope.
Anyway, if you're looking for a cheap trackball this >>50828111 has more ergonomic shape than this >>50827627 but it's hard to get used to no scroll wheel.
>>
>>50828358
yes, i'm the cheapo you are quoting.

i've got my mouse set up to scroll when holding the right button, works really well when you get used to it.
>>
Anyone ever went as far as to use these for gaming?
>>
>>50828493
They're nice for MMOS or RTS, never tried one for FPS. I know there are a few quite good gamers who use trackballs, but usually the thumb variety. (If you're used to using gaming pads with analog sticks, your thumbs are already well trained. Personally I could never get used to a thumb trackball.)
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.