[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any devious ideas for how to use this thing? (USB stick that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
Any devious ideas for how to use this thing? (USB stick that fries a computer by, presumably, storing up a change and then sending it back to the system all at once).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6bApDXbwGg

Much more dramatic than I would have figured (if not fake).
>>
>>50827161
to burn a pc that way you need high amperage over some period of time so the plastic starts fire. storing high voltage will just fry usb controller/motherboard resulting in a shortcut shutting down the psu, but not enough to set your pc on fire.
>>
>>50827161
jesus christ just pour water on the electronics

why do you make it complicated
>>
File: sgctZ.jpg (149 KB, 500x422) Image search: [Google]
sgctZ.jpg
149 KB, 500x422
>>
>>50827161
>Any devious ideas for how to use this thing?
Leave it in the floor in your office. 5 points if you fry a coworker's laptop, 10 points if your boss picks it up, 20 points if they connect it to a server.
>>
place it in the trash.
any use of this device will not end well for anyone involved.
>>
>>50829183
>connecting a random usb stick to a server

Yeah I don't think anyone would do that
>>
Looks like a Deli, not going to be able to do much about it.
>>
It's fake...
Either that or it's a computer with a 290X and a stock cooler.
>>
>>50829183
lmao. i work in an office, where i can get one of those usb?
>>
>>50827161
Confirmed fake.

He is just inserting a normal usb drive into a machine with a Nvidia card. Nice try though.
>>
>>50831289
This
>>
>>50827161
This is fake as fuck, if something the size of a USB stick could hold enough energy to fry a computer it would be the battery of the century. Charge=/=power
>>
>>50829755
>It's fake...
Have to agree. It's obvious the IO shield has been removed and an accelerant is being used inside the case.. Also his acting is shit or he's an autist. If the computer really caught fire he'd be ecstatic about it working and get a closeup of the fire.
>>
File: etherkiller.jpg (27 KB, 559x282) Image search: [Google]
etherkiller.jpg
27 KB, 559x282
Cant you just use something like this?
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.