[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I recently switched from an i5 to an i7 and I am getting atrocious
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
So I recently switched from an i5 to an i7 and I am getting atrocious stuttering in games. I have not been able to pinpoint the problem for two weeks now and this has never happened to me until I switched my CPU. This is what I have tried so far
-Video driver re-install
-Going back to stock clock on processor
-Updating just about any driver I can find
I haven't been able to install the motherboard drivers however but there has not been an update to them since I had my other processor.
980ti superclocked+overclock 150+
i7 6700k 4.8GZ
>>
Have you checked your psu? Is your gpu overheating?
>>
>>50825514
No and no
>>
>>50825529

Check to see if your CPU is on Turbo. Try turning it off. Your CPU might be throttling itself from heat.
>>
Disable CPU powersaving options.
>>
>>50825417
if it's stuttering, it seems like a bandwidth problem to the GPU.
Try going again with the MOBO
>>
Update the uefi. z170 mobos are unstable with the early versions.

But micro stutter is probably coming from something else. 99% of the time a GPU thing.
>>
>>50825932
It never goes above 50C
>>
>>50826028
I have been trying too but I can't, everytime I do it says I need to install Intel ME and then when I try to install it I get a message that says "your pc does not meet the system requirements" or "incompatible version"
Why the fuck do I need some stupid meme software to update
>>
>>50826046

Still try it and see if it helps at all. Once that's eliminated then we can continue on to different solutions, bud.
>>
>>50826072
No idea what you're talking about but judging by your use of "meme" meme you're 15.

Go to you mobo's manufacturer site. Download the newest uefi to a USB. Follow the direction in the uefi to flash it. It's dumb simple these days.

That was the first thing I did after installing my OS.

You may as well update the other drivers while you're at it.
>>
>>50826112
Alright thank you, I'll try it out. Probably by the time I get around to it this thread will be dead. I'm at work avoiding responsibilities and whatnot.
>>
isn't skylake a new socket?
did you try to drop in a new skylake on a 1150 mobo?
>>
>>50827340
No it wouldn't even fit
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.