[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>AMD will die in your lifetime How do we save them fam?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: pepe.jpg (23 KB, 385x385) Image search: [Google]
pepe.jpg
23 KB, 385x385
>AMD will die in your lifetime

How do we save them fam?
>>
You don't.
They're a shit company.
>>
>>50818803
> implying every tech company isn't shit
>>
>>50818803
>shit
You mean Canadian, and that's bad for business.
/dead
>>
>divisions happening
>everyone leaving
>earnings soon
You could have stopped this.
>>
File: dx12.jpg (73 KB, 743x610) Image search: [Google]
dx12.jpg
73 KB, 743x610
Welp, looks like AMD's DirectX12 "reign" it's over.

http://www.computerbase.de/2015-10/ashes-of-the-singularity-neue-directx-12-benchmarks-mit-amd-und-nvidia/#diagramm-ashes-of-the-singularity-directx-12-1920-1080
>>
>>50818947
How I could have? By buying one of their products? But then I would have a shit graphics card.

I say let them die.
>>
File: 1425011620246.jpg (253 KB, 881x848) Image search: [Google]
1425011620246.jpg
253 KB, 881x848
>how can I help them???

Buy their products

>Oh, nvm then, rip. Look at mah new g-sync monitor guize XDXDXD u jelly poorfags??!?!?
>>
>>50818692
maybe Dell will buy them.
>>
>>50819008
oh mean the preemptive crazy hype done by AMD fanboys is over?
>>
>>50819008
they are still overlooking the 290X
also, note the performance increases in the furry, thats some promising upgrades there.

honestly, i would like to see furrys ranked in this as they are what, 100$~ cheaper than a furyx but damn near the same performance.

as far as i care nvidia can take the best single gpu card, id still go amd unless amd wasn't even close, so much bad shit happened when i was on an nvidia card not to mention the driver bullshit with older nvidia cards, sure your card may not get supported as long on amd (if that's true) but at least i know mad doesn't actively try to gimp older cards into performing worse. and before anyone says they didn't, you have 2 options
1) nvidia is actually worse than amd driver wise, they just iterate more
2) they made a business decision to gimp old cards and when the shit storm went on for a month or so "fixed" the driver, after many people likely upgraded
3) a combination of the two as amd has yet to put out a gpu that killed hardware, the closest thing to it was that cold bug, and that only affected you if ripped your card apart and put on after market cooling.
>>
>>50819008
The Fury/X never did that well. It was the 390 and 390X that really shined. The 390, which was previously slower than the 970, is still maintaining its lead.

The Fury X is just bottlenecked by a weak frontend, no amount of DX12 is going to change that.
>>
>>50819008
Are all of those AMD cards much cheaper than the nvidia ones? I haven't looked at prices for a while.
>>
It's time to get your ass off x86.
>>
>>50818692
I'm more interested in how we can save /g/ from dumb frogposters shitting up the board.

Go back to reddit or wherever and take you maymay shit with you.
>>
>>50819638
msrp puts the 980ti at 660$ and the fury x at 650$ and the fury at 550$

the furyX is marked down to 610 on newegg the 980ti is 620

i would personally get the sapphire fury over a furyx or 980ti if i had the money, and if i didn't, i would get an r9 390 for 280$ which, incidentally is the same cost as a 970, but that is the lowest end gpu i would go if i had to buy today as i am currently on a 280X ghz factory oc
>>
>>50818692
>>50818803

>Zen will never come out at this rate.

>so what we still have skylake it will just take longer to save up that's all

Nvidia and Intel are banking on this?
I don't think so Tim.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.