[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is bitcoin mining profitable anymore, if I don't have to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
Is bitcoin mining profitable anymore, if I don't have to pay for my electricity or bandwidth?
>>
>>50814192

Most things are profitable, when you don't pay for your own resources.
>>
Short answer: no.
Long answer: noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.
>>
>What is coinwarz for 500 alex
Just get a job or sign up for autism bux.
>>
>>50814192
I guess, but only if you can get your hands in like literally hundreds of AMD cards or ASICs. ASIC killed the mining scene, mang.
>>
>>50814260
I'm in college. I'm just trying to see if I can make some extra money by taking advantage of resources the school gives me.
>>
>>50814274
What are ASICs, where can I get them, and how much do they cost?
>>
>>50814326
>what is google
>>
>>50814298
That's a good way to get expelled.
Youre literally 5 years too late to the party. There's no money left for you.

There's plenty of other ways for a college student to make money
>>
>>50814406
Alright, I was just thinking about it because today I was bitching about how water and electricity are free (or rather included in housing), but laundry isn't. And I got to thinking about ways I could profit off the free things I have.
>>
You know, this reminds me of an idea I had a while back.

My girlfriend and I were camping, and I noticed that an electric campsite is offered at a fixed rate, and you aren't charged for electricity. I figured that, since Bitcoin was compute-intensive but not particularly bandwidth-intensive, I could tether a big, fat computer to a cell phone and mine Bitcoin on the park department's dime.

Upon looking into it, there was no reason why it wouldn't work. Do with this information what you will.
>>
>>50814192
>>50814775
tits always come in pairs
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.