[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Killing Linux from inside -
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: lennart_jew.jpg (25 KB, 500x301) Image search: [Google]
lennart_jew.jpg
25 KB, 500x301
Lennart,

I'm going to quickly post here so forgive me for being rude.

What's wrong with systemd:
news.ycombinator.com/item?id=7728692

systemd Optimizations

Make sure not to use any fake block device storage technology such as LVM (as installed by default by various distributions, including Fedora) they result in the systemd-udev-settle.service unit to be pulled in.

Consider bypassing the initrd, if you use one.

Consider disabling SELinux and auditing.

Consider uninstalling syslog.

Consider masking a couple of redundant distribution boot scripts, that artificially slow down the boot. Also remove all LVM/RAID/FCOE/iSCSI related packages which slow down the boot substantially even if no storage of the specific kind is used.
>>
>>50813918
just install gentoo

no systemd here
>>
>>50813918
bsd
nuf said
>>
>>50813918
>lots of people create multiple competing projects
>developers complain: waah! there's too much fragmentation
>lots of people unite to create a project to rule them all
>users complain: waah! there's no freedom of choice!
>>
>>50815394
Nothing successful and worthwhile ever listened to its users.
>>
>>50815394
It's almost as if there's a middle ground between the two extremes.
>>
File: Lennart_professionalism.jpg (23 KB, 646x164) Image search: [Google]
Lennart_professionalism.jpg
23 KB, 646x164
>>50813933
this
funtoo too
>>
>>50815456
Not one that's "ideologically coherent" to you lot. And like, its linux. If you don't like it, make something better please.
>>
>>50815503
But something better has already been made.
>>
>>50813933
This. Gentoo is in its own right the best distro to ever exist, that it comes with openrc and maintains anti-systemd patches is just cherry on the cake.
>>
If systemd is so controversial, why is it in some of the most widely used distributions?
>>
>>50816130
It addresses the same problems as Upstart, but isn't made by canonical.
>>
>>50816130
It's made by redhat. Redhat and debian (which board is composed of mostly redhat employees) are the main upstream distros, so when they switch to systemd, everyone else does as well.
>>
>2015
>running proprietary ridden shit
>not running the Hurd kernel in conjunction with the GNU software platform
>>
>>50813918
I don't care. My machine runs GNU/Turd.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.