[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Supported Memory MHz
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: maxresdefault.jpg (406 KB, 1797x1122) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
406 KB, 1797x1122
I'm gonna buy that "Asus Z170 Pro Gaming" Motherboard
I'm still looking for RAM.

Motherboard specification:

Memory chip: DDR4-2133
Max. RAM OC: 3400MHz

How much is supported now?
1. 2133MHz is maximum supported(out of the box) but can be overclocked up to a maximum of 3400MHz
OR
2. 3400MHz is maximum supported overclocked or not.
>>
>>50810396
lol
>>
>>50810428
that 2133 is irritating i'm sure it's 2. but i just want to be sure
>>
>Pro Gaming
Someone please tell me what percentage of the English speaking universe earns a living playing video games.
>>
>>50811744
The population of South Korea.
>>
>>50811744
>>50811762
Oh wait, ENGLISH speaking.

Hahaha, you got me there, friend.
>>
>>50811744
They're marketing terms they throw around to appeal to edgy kids who want to be pro / 1337 / mlg
>>
that mainboard is a decent piece of shit. regardless of it's name.
>>
pro gaming is a fantastic budget overclocking board. comes with a decent audio solution as well.

the "pro" and "gaming" mean nothing about its quality, the board its self is solid.

i had it for a short time with a 6600k while waiting for 6700k's to come back in stock. when they came back in stock, sent it and the 6600k back for a refund and got the maximus viii hero along with a 6700k.

all z170 boards natively support ddr4 2133mhz at 1.2v's out of the box since thats the max native support jedec operating frequency that skylake supports. but the motherboard itself is fully capable to operating ddr4 at frequencies all the way up to 3400mhz.

skylake processors can support voltage up to a maximum of 1.4v's 24/7 with a peak of 1.5v's. so you can run ddr4 at any speed as long as it doesn't go above 1.4v's. if you want to stay within that stock 1.2v's and have the highest memory frequency within that range i would go with ddr4 2666mhz kits.
>>
>>50810396
that's the maximum memory speed supported officially.

skylake can often oc the ram up to 3800 to 4200mhz.
>>
>>50813402
thanks a lot!
>>
>>50810396
Does that come with World of Warships? Sick deal.
>>
>>50813436
thank you!
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.