[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
NEW PC M8
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: kek.jpg (37 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
kek.jpg
37 KB, 500x375
Hey /g/! I wanted to tell you guys about what i am planning to buy (i want to make a gamer PC). You guys know more than me so... Could you please tell me if all this together will work?
>R9 280X XFX (GPU)
>EVGA NEX750B Bronze (PSU - 750w)
>ASUS B85M-G (Motherboard)
>KINGSTON HYPER 8GB (RAM)
>Intel I5-4460 (PSU)
I still don't which case and hdd/ssd should i buy. Btw, in my country getting new hardware is really hard and expensive, that's why i ain't gonna build the best gamer PC.
>>
>pcpartpicker.com
>>
Make a blog or something. No one is excited for you.
>>
>>50799857
Just go to that website and click build system and put in all the info and it'll tell u of there is any compatibility issues with your hardware. I use it with all my builds.
>>
>>50799868
Welp, i did not come here to talk about how awesome will be my pc (because ik it will suck anyways) but i just wanted to know if all this together could work nice.
>>
While there's a thread open I might as well post mine. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/LKzggs
How long will the G3258 last me if I'm playing more recent titles? I'm going to buy star wars battlefront and I need to know if this is good enough for it and other hand like gta v and shadow of mordor at 1080P
>>
>>50799834
>>Intel I5-4460 (PSU)
>PSU
>>
>>50799834
>evga psu
>falling for the marketing crap.
get a seasonic
>>
>>50799834
>pcpartpicker.com

Just go there, find the parts you listed here, and this site will tell you the wattage estimation and the compatibility issue.

The completed builds are also inspirational. You can easily find similar builds.
>>
>>50800218
>Thinking EVGA PSUs are crap
Visit JonnyGURU sometime.
>>
>>50799834
I had a XFX r9 290x for about 7 months. It would constantly overheat on me. I finally got enough of it and traded it for a 980ti.

Get a strix version. The r9 series runs too damn hot, get a good brand if you must.
>>
File: lWUGwNX.jpg (75 KB, 650x555) Image search: [Google]
lWUGwNX.jpg
75 KB, 650x555
>>50799834
Don't buy XFX 280X, they have known VRAM heat issues.

I used to mine dogecoin on 280X cards, I had 8/9 XFX cards die on me, MSI and other brand 280X cards were fine. I even measured VRM temp on my XFX cards and confirmed the VRM heating issue. Spend 20 bucks more and get literally any other brand.
>>
>>50800299
I was thinking about getting a r9 390, should I not?
>>
>>50799963
Imo I had that same corsair psu and it broke about a month after having it and I had to go through the annoyance of sending it back and getting a replacement and the other day I went ahead and got a new psu and for a bit more it's much better. This setup can run star wars battlefront at 90+fps on ultra settings FYI.

CPU: AMD FX-6300 OC'D @ 4.3GHz
GPU: GTX 970 SC 4GB
MB: Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3
RAM: 16.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3
PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G1 80+ GOLD
Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D
HDD: 1TB Western Digital
HDD 2: 500GB Toshiba Canvio Basics 3.0 Portable Hard Drive
SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB 2.5-Inch SATA III
Fan Controller: NZXT SENTRY 2
CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i GTX

That's my current setup and it runs most current gen games perfect.
>>
>>50801403

>CPU: AMD FX-6300 OC'D @ 4.3GHz
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.