[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do people still use projectors? I'm thinking of getting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: bleh.jpg (91 KB, 1307x471) Image search: [Google]
bleh.jpg
91 KB, 1307x471
Do people still use projectors? I'm thinking of getting one instead of a tv, and this is around my price range.
>>
Prepare to be dissapointed or pay through the arse.

Projectors belong to offices and cinemas.
>>
I can guarantee that something that cheap will be fucking terrible.
>>
If you don't have a shitload of money to spend on a decent one you will be dissapointed.

In your price range the image quality will be terrible.
Plus you get maintenance cost because unlike any modern TV the lamp actually wears out.

Not a good idea.
>>
I found a projector in a thrift shop, being sold as is for 10 bucks. They didn't know if it worked or not.

Took it home, and it runs perfectly, except the color wheel is broken, so it only shows black and white.

The projector repair guys are asking 240 to repair it. I honestly think they are trying to rip me off, because the 40 is just a diagnostic fee. I'm just too much of a bitch to repair it myself.
>>
>>50793617
Git gud and try to mend it.
If you break shit it's still only 10 bucks wasted.
Maybe you'll learn something.
>>
>>50793658
http://www.projectorcentral.com/InFocus-Work_Big_IN38.htm

Here. I found it online. It seems like 200 would be an okay price to repair it, but it is 7 years old.

240 to repair this, or 240 for a new projector?
>>
>$360

keep saving your allowance. if you are ready to spend over $1000 just buy a tv kid
>>
>>50793707
TVs always have some new innovation around the corner. I probably wouldn't want to drop 1000 on something that is going to considered obsolete in a year.
>>
>>50793753
Nigga that projector you're looking at is obsolete
>>
>>50793753
i meant if you ARENT ready to spend $1000 on a projector you should just buy a tv
>>
>>50793828
Looking at the stats of the one I found in the thrift shop, i'd agree. I'm just opposed to paying people for a diagnostic fee for a problem that I know the answer to.
>>
Anything lower than a BenQ w1070 is going to look garbage. This projector looks too good for what it costs. Just look at shootouts and reviews on AVSForum.
>>
>>50793535
Anon, why not get a used TV (or hell, a new TV) for a similar cost? Vizio makes nice cheap gear, and is an American company.

Honestly though, the way to a big TV for under $1000 is a used rear-projection. I have one, it's enormous, and I spent less than the LCD people for it.
>>
>>50793753
>TVs always have some new innovation around the corner
See you beleive in muh smart meme
Just keep saving your allowance
>>50793890
This
>>
>>50793938
>and is an American company.

An American company that uses cheap Chinese components and manufacturing. Doesn't really make a difference who owns them.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.