[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I need help, /g/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
>Friend contacts me
>"Hey anon, I decided to splurge a bit and buy a gaming PC instead of an Xbox One"
>The less Xbox Ones sold the better
>Tell her that's cool, ask her how much it cost
>$400
>ohshit.jpg
>Ask for specs
>AMD FX 4300 with stock cooler
>4 GB DDR3 memory
>GeForce GT 610
>Sketchy as fuck power supply
>Winblows 8.1
>"It's gonna be great anon, I can't wait to play my games the way they were meant to be played"
>mfw

How do I let her down easy, /g/? Will this machine be able to run anything more intense than solitaire without spending more than $200 on upgrades, or is she just fucked? Also, posting here instead of /v/ because /v/ is cancer.
>>
>>>/out/
>>
>>50783706

It's hard to tell someone they fucked up, especially when 100+ dollars are involved.

For that I really have no good advice.

To best you can really do is help her prepare for next time. I'd put in some personal time getting her some sick deals for a budget build that's not shit.

perhaps donate some spare parts if you got em.
>>
>>50783706

I feel your pain, OP, sucks she had to learn tho hard way. Kills me that such a shit tier company will probably turn her off. Nvidia... not even once.
>>
>>50783706
Tell her to return it and help her put the money into a better system. If you say nothing she'll only make the same mistake again.
>>
File: image.jpg (37 KB, 451x387) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37 KB, 451x387
Just tell her if she gives you snoo snoo you'll make it good for free. Then while you're in there take a stick of ram and just close it back up.

Don't ever talk to such a filthy casual again.
>>
>>50783706
but "she" will probably be able to play at 900p her games "the way they were meant to be played" in a x-bone
>>
File: do_it.gif (2 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
do_it.gif
2 MB, 480x270
>>50783706
>I just bought a great computer anon!
>It has 1 terabyte of memory! Most games only require 4 gigabytes ^_^
>>
>>50783941
At the very least my friend knew the difference between storage and memory. Didn't stop her from buying a shit PC, though.
>>
>>50783814
best advice
>>
>>50783706
tell her to return it and that you'll build a computer for her within the budget
also tell her economy on PC is because of cheap games and no need to pay for online, not because hardware is cheaper
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.