[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
is there any free software to let you play blu-ray movies on
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: file.png (146 KB, 614x230) Image search: [Google]
file.png
146 KB, 614x230
is there any free software to let you play blu-ray movies on a PC? VLC doesn't work.
>>
pls respond

how do you linux niggers do it?
>>
OK. When you say bluray, do you mean like a bluray disc? I think, by your question, that you don't know what question you're trying to ask.
>>
>>50781965
literally 0.5 seconds on google

>http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2038933
>>
>>50782196
Yes, an actual disc. I purchased a blu-ray drive and it detects the disc. But the free media players I have (VLC, MPC) can't play the movies. I downloaded a trial version of Cyberlink Power DVD and it plays the movie but I'd prefer not to pay if there's something free out there.

>>50782222
I'm using Windows. And I've tried the VLC workaround that's out there on Google but it doesn't work.
>>
>>50782255

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you’re referring to as Windows, is in fact, NSA/Windows, or as I’ve recently taken to calling it, NSA plus Windows. Windows is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another expenseive component of a fully functioning Spy system made useful by the NSA core-spyware, reverse shell utilities and vital keylogging components comprising a full botnet as defined by Gen. J. Clapper.
Many computer users run a modified version of the botnet system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of spyware which is widely used today is often called “Windows”, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the NSA system, developed by the NSA. There really is a Windows, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use.
Windows is the cover: the program in the system that hides the spying resources from the other programs that you run. The cover is an essential part of a botnet, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete botnet. Windows is normally used in combination with the NSA spyware: the whole system is basically botnet with Windows added, or NSA/Windows. All the so-called “Windows” versions are really versions of NSA/Windows.
>>
Well. I've never used Power DVD myself, so I dont know what activation is like, but if you're on windows 7 (dont know if the pirate patch is out for 10 yet) you can always pirate crap like that. I can try to search for something open source that will run on windows (although I doubt it exists) but other than that you can try the suggestions on http://lifehacker.com/5806252/how-can-i-play-blu-ray-discs-on-my-computer
>>
>>50782157
MakeMKV is you want easy mode.
>>
Pirate/buy Anydvd HD and open the stream in a player that can play Blu-ray. Or download the free
>>50782357
MakeMKV and make a quick remux.
>>
mpchc + anydvd
>>
>>50782255
Then why the fuck did you ask how linux users do it you mongoloid
>>
>>50782406
obviously because he knows that linux users are smarter than everyone else. DUH.
>>
I do not have the answer for you, OP, but consider using an external drive as well. That will help with region locking.

P.S. Linux solutions ≠≠≠ Windows solutions.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.