[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>suddenly realizing I'm logged in to google RIGHT NOW
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: hammer.gif (4 MB, 214x196) Image search: [Google]
hammer.gif
4 MB, 214x196
>suddenly realizing I'm logged in to google RIGHT NOW
>suddenly realizing that I'm logged in to facebook RIGHT NOW
>they know everything I'm doing
>they're trying to figure out how to exploit me and people like me with my information
This realization just hit me like a ton of bricks. I thought it was ok just to go partially free, but I'm regretting this now. How hard is it really to host my own mail server, use DDG and not use facebook, which I hardly ever post on anyways? I've made a huge mistake.
>>
File: sanic.jpg (31 KB, 403x403) Image search: [Google]
sanic.jpg
31 KB, 403x403
>>50774244

You have. The NSA will be at your door soon, anon. Lock and load. Best of luck, fam.
>>
>own mail server
depends on what you mean by "own".
buy a hosting plan with mailserver? no fuss.
set up your own server? well you're gonna need a computer to run and provide it (RasPi will be good enough). setting the server OS and mail demon isn't really that hard, you're gonna have bigger problems with actually making your server reachable via DNS can be hard, not to mention configuring it so other servers won't go all crazy "this mail is signed as [email protected], but it's actually from [email protected], it's surely a scam"
>use ddg/startpage
been doing so for the last year, sometimes the results are shitty - DDG seems to index large sites more, so when searching e.g. for a small local company, you will get yelp, facebook, company lists, and article from a newspaper first, with the official company site further away down the page - but in general, it's quite ok.
>not use facebook
don't know, never had an account, so can't tell how hard withdrawal is.
>>
>>50774300
It's about time I bought a domain name anyways.
>>
>>50774244
>having a Facebook account
>having a Google account (other than on your phone)
>>
File: download.png (7 KB, 240x210) Image search: [Google]
download.png
7 KB, 240x210
>>50774416
>(other than on your phone)
>>
>>50774416
I know, I feel so stupid. Also, I have a dumbphone.
>>
>>50774460
Have to have a Google account to buy anything on the Play store m8. Don't use the email, and I barely use my phone anyway outside of listening to music and contacting work.
>>
>>50774493
Having a decent media player and a dumbphone for texting isn't so bad.
>>
File: 1443725885638.jpg (68 KB, 800x526) Image search: [Google]
1443725885638.jpg
68 KB, 800x526
>>50774493
So you're literally logged into a Google account on a device that has cameras and microphones and runs Google's OS but you dare to greeentext at OP?
>>
>>50774493

Who's going to call you anyway, might as well get a chink tablet instead.

No play store, acquire apk from third party markets.
>>
>>50774244
http://freedombone.uk.to/
>>
>>50774493
>rationalizing why you need a phone
>>
>>50774536
neato
>>
>>50774536
is this just to ensure you're a target of surveillance?
>>
>>50774300
Would you recommend DDG or Startpage?
>>
https://4chan.org/feedback

tell them to remove google
>>
>>50774865
What services should I offer as an alternative?
>>
>>50774865
sent
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.