[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi /g/ays Question.. i have a old pc running on a pentium D
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: pentiumd.jpg (630 KB, 638x792) Image search: [Google]
pentiumd.jpg
630 KB, 638x792
Hi /g/ays

Question.. i have a old pc running on a pentium D 3.4GH (oc to 3.8gh) dual core

Can i run it with a nvidia 980 TI?
Currently got a 8800 ultra... do i need to upgrade the whole computer?
>>
Why the fuck would you do that
>>
>>50772919
You might bottleneck it a bit because of the old bus speed. But if your PSU drives it, it should work. Dont expect any special perfomance
>>
A Pentium D would be a huge bottleneck to a 980Ti. I'd say check the compatibility of your board and get at least a Core2Quad or do the Xeon pinmod if the board supports it.
>>
>>50772919
go for it fam I run witcher 3 with ultra settings at 4k with my pentium 4 and a 980Ti at a smooth 60fps

CPUs are a scam don't believe in them

666 hail satan 666
>>
>>50772942
ayy lmao
>>
>>50772942
are you serious or ironical troll ?
>>
>>50772960
really? smh tbh fam
>>
>>50773012
what does smh
tbh and fam mean?
>>
>>50773041
Get a new processor. The 980Ti is the most powerful GPU on the market.
You'll need a new mobo too.
I recommend just getting an entirely new PC.
>>
>buying a top end graphics card
>only to put it in a pc with 'not even a hobo would want one' processor
seriously OP? Seriously?
>>
>>50772919
Do it op, expecially if you already have the gpu... A bottlenecked 980 ti would stil give you 10 times more performance than the 8800, who cares if you waste half of the gpu thoretical power.
>>
>>50772919
Your CPU and PCI-x express speeds will kill the GPUs performance. If you do not have the money now it is better so save up if you can and go for a whole system upgrade.
>>
>>50773100
>>50773102
thanks for a real answer =)
>>
Honestly, I'd rather buy a 390 or 970 meme and use the rest for a whole system upgrade at this point - unless you know your cashflow is enough to do this soon with the 980Ti anyway.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.