[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ATM pin pad?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: atm.png (716 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
atm.png
716 KB, 720x960
Found this on a council pick up today, in a case and wrapped up. Anyone have any information about it (..or how much it's worth)?

Don't want to sell it when I don't know how much I can get

Thanks

http://imgur.com/4QEBpdN
>>
u can google can u ? also its a keyboard i doubt it cost a lot
>>
>>50771087
>how much it's worth
Absolutely fucking nothing.

You could maybe contact the manufacturer and give them the s/n to make sure it's not been part of a crime or it's a forgery, you might get some reward for returning it, probably won;t, but worth a try.
>>
It's pretty heavy. Got a motherboard on the back etc.

I doubt it's stolen. Who's going to steal something like this and then leave it outside their house.
>>
>>50771200
The same person that would steal an ATM.
>>
>>50771087
Junk
>>
File: tpe.jpg (451 KB, 2371x2100) Image search: [Google]
tpe.jpg
451 KB, 2371x2100
>>50771087
Is a credit card terminal or an entire ATM ?
If it's an entire ATM, how do hell did you find it ?

In my previous work I remember making an order of 5 mobile payment terminals for POS integration for a big restaurant. iirc they were something like $999 each.
>>
>>50771200
The same person who stole it, realised it wasn't worth anything and then dumped it
>>
If you carry this about in the UK and the police stop you they will arrest you if you cannot explain why you're carrying a pin skimmer.
>>
>Who's going to steal something like this and then leave it outside their house.

guy realized it can be traced so is trying to unload it by having you guys pick it up (and get it traced to you instead).
>>
>>50771087
Irs worth a solid 2 years in jail, your choice.
>>
>>50771929
>A bulky terminal loaded with deprecated software and hardware as old as a traffic light.
Unless it's constantly plugged to a phone line and dialing up. then there's no way that could happen.
>>
>>50771976
>what's gps

Making stupid assumptions is what gets you caught.
>>
Why would you sell it? Try to get it to function.. It's your new /project/
>>
>>50771994
OP found an unscrewed ATM pin card which is just a keyboard component for the ATM, not a fucking car.
>>
>>50771087
Just do not get caught with it. People might think you are shimming.
>>
>>50771087
Looks like a regular arm keyboard, it's worth around $400-700, but good luck trying to find a buyer, Maybe you can turn it to a custom keyboard for unlocking your pc or something
>>
>>50771087
There's a reason why someone dumped it in the first place.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.