[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Intel i7 4790k
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: 16.jpg (184 KB, 1200x821) Image search: [Google]
16.jpg
184 KB, 1200x821
Holy fuck. Why is the fan that came with this thing so god damn noisy? It has this drony sounds to it and keeps cycling up and down in speed at the slightest amount of load or heat on the CPU.

My older 4770 was quieter overall and less annoying even when the fan was full blast.

Is this how this thing is or can i get a better fan to put on the heat sink?
>>
>>50771055
>Using the stick hsf
>any year

Please go back to whatever board you came from.
>>
>>50771088

> using the non-rice easy to install low-profile OEM-created cooling apparatus

seems fine to me. i guess if you want to spend $40 on a different fan and some copper you're welcome to.

ok
>>
>>50771126

OP here. don't know about spending that much, but I am willing to spend some money to get something quieter and less annoying as long as it cools properly.
>>
>>50771126
Thats like saying a $100 ceiling fan is a rice meme because a $20 fan from walmart does the same job
>>
>>50771126
>using the non-rice easy to install low-profile OEM-created cooling apparatus them complain it's too noisy because it's a cheap POS that costs about $1 to make and it designed to use the least amount of cooling capability as possible

>>>/out/
>>
The 212 Evo is like $30 now.
>>
>>50771154
>ceiling fan

Bet you have carpeted floors and wood panel walls you american poverty boy

(just meming love you really)
>>
>>50771126
>using the non-rice easy to install low-profile OEM-created cooling apparatus
that "apparatus" is designed to be as cheap as possible and deliver the absolute minimum cooling performance needed for the chip to work properly. It is loud and shitty, so you either buy a proper cooler (evo 212 for example) or just fucking deal with the noise
>>
File: wth.gif (2 MB, 236x224) Image search: [Google]
wth.gif
2 MB, 236x224
>>50771055
>buying high-end CPU
>doesn't buy a high-end cooler
you deserve it.
>>
>>50771369

hey bro. my 4770 stock one worked find for over two years. didn't know this one would be complete shite.

I'd like to just get one where i didn't have to replace the heat sink. Not overclocking this thing or anything. Does run hotter than my 4770 though.
>>
>>50771410
Well, it's a 4790k, not a 4770. Just get a Thermalright Macho, cheap and porwerful.
>>
>>50771055
Dumb fucks like you is why Intel stopped shipping CPU coolers at all with their K series consumer chips and ship water coolers with their high end
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.