[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Social engineering
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: ffsfrs.jpg (190 KB, 570x379) Image search: [Google]
ffsfrs.jpg
190 KB, 570x379
Have you ever practised social engineering online to obtain something from another person?
>>
>>50770215
>>50770215
yes
>>
>>50770215
Maybe.
>>
>>50770234
Tell your stories.
>>
>>50770215
Yes, online and offline
I could basically say that my entire offline life is faked, and no one has ever been able to see through.
>>
>>50771483
Elaborate?
>>
>>50771483
I think I know what you mean . I am only "true me" when I am alone. Never ever truly got to know me.
>>
File: 1270931589930.jpg (36 KB, 500x467) Image search: [Google]
1270931589930.jpg
36 KB, 500x467
>>50771524
>I am only "true me" when I am alone.

I know this feeling all too well.
>>
>>50771509
he's spouting (or independently converging on) some theory in the social sciences that an individual's identity is defined by the circumstances in which they're placed. So for instance who you are differs if you're in a classroom versus at home versus hanging out with friends (your language differs, your behavior and body language changes, etc... but more importantly the context in which you self-identify changes; you wouldn't identify as a student to your parents - you would identify as a son, but you would identify as a student to your instructor in a classroom setting).

I forgot the name of this way of thinking about self-identity. It might be Actor-Network Theory, but skimming that page it doesn't seem exactly right.
>>
>>50771602
Its logical to call it "fluid personality" . I just made that up.
>>
>>50771509
I basically hide to everyone around me everything about me, and, in addition to this, to cover for the lack of informations about myself when people ask me about my life, I replace everything by mainstream things, and make sure that nothing about me will ever leak to anyone, that way I can basically manage to get everything I want from everyone, in a reasonable limit.

It's hard sometimes, when especially people start to notice discrepancy between the stories you tell to someone and the ones you tell to somebody else, because the key is to
invent a new story for everyone you meet.
>>
>>50771627
It's fluid in that social things are fairly fluid and need to be navigated intuitively, but not much more than anything else. If anything, I'd liken it more to a finite-state machine.
>>
File: de gnome child.png (50 KB, 283x284) Image search: [Google]
de gnome child.png
50 KB, 283x284
>armor trimming
>>
We all do it in our everyday's life.
You're nicer to cute girls when you want then to fuck you.
You pretend not to be a retard so you can keep your job.
You speak like you know what you're talking about when you speak to a client so he'll buy your stuff.

What you refer as social engineering is just lying to people in such a way they'll give you personal information.

> B-But Anon-san, I don't know how to speak to people due to my autism.
Just train at coffee machine at your job. Listen how the dudes are speaking and try to lead your questions so that they'll tell you more. Fix yourself a target and achieve it.
If Chad is saying how he fucked the local gina and you can try to know what color her dess was.
The next step is drunk people in parties. Easier but they're not that predictable. And don't be too bold with them since you're not 100% they'll forget eveything the next day.
>>
>>50770215
I find manipulation distasteful...

Most people are too cowardly to take responsibility for their desires...
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.