[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello /g/ I'd like to propose a technological thought experiment
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: a_bunch_of_rocks.png (199 KB, 675x1603) Image search: [Google]
a_bunch_of_rocks.png
199 KB, 675x1603
Hello /g/ I'd like to propose a technological thought experiment to you all

It is as described
>you are teleported to a log cabin in the middle of the woods.
>there is a life time supply of food, water, and all essentials to life
>you have a work computer of your choosing with access to all programming related books in the public library.
>you are tasked to, from scratch, program a space simulation game with 3d graphics
>you are immortal and cannot leave until you have completed the stated task.

How long does it take you to make?
>>
God pls go.
>>
Well first I'd make a program that'll tell me how long it'll take.
>>
A day or two I guess.

If only requirements are space and 3d, this is a pretty simple task.
>>
>>50768647
with this description, it will take 1-2 hours or so
>>
>>50768647
How complicated are we talking? I could probably do an inefficient version of Elite in less than a year, but for anything better than that I'd have to learn how to art.
>>
>free lodging
>computer
>woods for hiking and whatnot in
>unlimited food
>live forever

Why am i leaving again?
>>
Thousands of years, maybe hundreds of thousands.

I'd spent 99% of the time procrastinating
>>
>>50768647
Forever because I see no reason why I would want to leave.
>>
>>50768647
Hello memecitizen dev. The ride never ends.
>>
>>50768647
I'd make some shoddy version of old school Elite from fucking 1986 or whatever. Probably a week or so because I don't work and am literally a loan shark for money
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.