[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When should have science and tech stopped progressing? imo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: mugisleepingbag.gif (359 KB, 540x303) Image search: [Google]
mugisleepingbag.gif
359 KB, 540x303
When should have science and tech stopped progressing?

imo 2010 is when we should have stopped inventing and discovering things.
>>
imo never.
>>
>>50767968
Have fun when AI replaces you.
Have fun when robotics cause an economic crisis
>>
>>50767950

That's an ugly caterpillar.
>>
File: smugi.png (36 KB, 268x237) Image search: [Google]
smugi.png
36 KB, 268x237
>>50768078
>>
>>50767950
Probably around the time LSD became mainstream.

To elaborate, I think Leary, despite all has shortcomings had a good idea for the future of society.

leary suggested that in the future people aren't judged by the books they read or the music they listen to, but the chemicals they use to alter their consciousness.

Honestly I think if this had happened the world would be a much more enjoyable place.

Sure we wouldn't have video games and vr and whatnot. But we'd probably have drugs, even better than the ones we have today that blow simulations out of the water.

Drugs literally go straight to source, computers have to go through your five senses.

Had we focused more on the "psychochemical age" and less on the "technological revolution" I think everyone would be happier and life would be more intersting, fulfilling and rewarding.

There probably wouldn't be any of those fucking retards like the ones on /r9k/ worrying about not being able to get laid because either:
1. They be high on a drug that's so much better than sex they wouldn't give a fuck; or
2. They'd actually be having sex because they spend their time socializing and taking drugs with girls, not sitting in front of a flickering light box, wasting away.
>>
File: 1440639911703.jpg (83 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1440639911703.jpg
83 KB, 640x640
Never. Technology is destined to to destroy the entire human race. Many scientist realized this when the atomic bombs dropped on Japan killed more than 200,000 people in the blink of an eye. Humans were never meant to live until the end of time (if there is one).

We know technology will kill us all one way or another (bio-logical/nuclear warfare, AI, robot uprising, etc). There is nothing to be done to stop it. At best we can slow down its progress but never fully detain it's directive to wipe us all out.

Humans naturally have a desire to have more power. This will ensure our inevitable downfall.

Just remember folks, "If you can't beat em, join em!". The technological singularity should be here in 20-40 years. We should be able to transfer to synthetic bodies around then.
>>
>>50768482
read up on the heat death of the univers. we're pretty sure the universe will end.
>>
>>50767950
What's wrong with Umaru's hood?
>>
>>50768502
I don't know anon, there is a small possibility there is no "end" to this universe. Maybe it just keeps growing and growing like a computer memory leak without limit.
>>
>>50768635
if we ever can have something 1m^3 perfectly simulate something >1m^3 than that instantly mens the possibility we're just a simulation is near infinite. Especially due to the weird shoit that starts happening at the quantm level i believe we dont actually exist
>>
>>50768171
>implying /r9k/ retards wouldn't be wasting away on opiates
>implying this is a better outcome than them sitting in front of computers
>>
>>50767950
>When should have science and tech stopped progressing?
I hope it will go on forever.
Unfortunately, I won't.
If you've hit your limits I don't know wether to pity or envy you.
>>
It should of stopped in 2003.

Why? Because everything was cool as fuck
>>
>>50767950
> I haven't been keeping up with technological advances, and, at this point, I'm afraid that all the change that has happened since the last time I looked will outpace my ability to comprehend it. I'm just going to say that technology shouldn't advance beyond some arbitrary point so I can continue to think that my world view is accurate or relevant.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.