[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone have advice on good kits for Raspberry Pi and Arduino
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: arduino-raspberry-pi.jpg (114 KB, 894x360) Image search: [Google]
arduino-raspberry-pi.jpg
114 KB, 894x360
Anyone have advice on good kits for Raspberry Pi and Arduino kits.
I want one of each; but I don't want any extra shit that I don't need.
I also don't want to get everything and realize that I forgot something.
Want to keep it at about $150 dollars for both with accessories.
The cheaper the combinations, the better.
What do I all actually need?
>>
>>50759835
Just get one of the special kit completes for each one. That should stay under $150
>>
>>50760110
Yeah from what site.
There are like 100 different places with different kits.
>>
It's hard to say what is vital and what's shit you don't need if don't say what it's for.
>>
>>50760306
Just to mess around with. What is essential?
>>
>>50760319
What the fuck do you want to do with it? Robot? Then "essentials" include motors, servos, sensors...etc. VPN server? All you need is the basic board and software. Your intended use is an important factor.
>>
>>50759835
>I don't want any extra shit that I don't need
>doesn't know what he actually needs
kek
>>
>>50760615
Okay.
If I want to make a mini CNC what do I need?
>>
>>50760750
i have something similar in mind, could you do any research
>>
>>50760750
>>50761536
http://www.instructables.com/id/CHEAP-ARDUINO-CNC/

That hard to google?
>>
>>50759835
rPi 2 (seriously you're going to regret buying a 1)
1000mA adapter, don't go lower
POWERED USB hub (non-powered will make it reboot, at least with ones, if devices take only a little bit of power)
Case (just get an $5 one they're fine)
If you need a WiFi dongle, make sure there are drivers. If you buy the bcm53xx or something you'll spend days trying to configure it and then return it. Do your research.

You won't need a keyboard/mouse as everything is completely configurably over SSH if you use a wired connection.

>>50760750
Knockoff Uno
USB cable
Stepper motors
ULN2003 driver
Long wires, male/female and male/male
5-12V Power supply
Protope board is nice
Breadboard or permanent solution for the wires (soldering board / cable plugs)

For learning:
10 LEDs
Distance sensor HC-SR04 (best cheapest)
otherwise get a 20-in-1 sensor kit or whatever
Maybe bluetooth/Wifi shield if you're into that

You could buy all of this at dx, so did I. You may end up with 1-2 of the ULN2003 chips broken but they're like $1. Also I don't really trust chinese transformers on mains so I got a 12V laptop charger from the second hand shop and added a 12V-5V converter from dx. $30 total if you do it right.

>>50763583
That was like the worst instructable ever
>>
>>50764590
Fuck, forgot the bulk stuff, resistors, potentiometers, switches
>>
>>50764590
The was a very helpful response.
Thank you very much.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.