[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it possible to unsolder a CMOS sensor from one mouse, solder
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (21 KB, 250x210) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
21 KB, 250x210
Is it possible to unsolder a CMOS sensor from one mouse, solder it to another and still regain its proper capability? Bought a shit mouse to replace a decent one that had its buttons practically not working but would like to still use the sensor from the good one.
>>
Rather than trying to desolder 8-16 pins and possibly not fixing the good mouse anyway why not just take the micro switches out of the shit mouse?
>>
Not unless they're one to one compatible. Why not just fix the broken buttons using the ones from the good one and macguyver it.
>>
Might just sound way too picky, but I never liked the feel and surface of the good mouse, it's glossy and white so it gets dirty every single day (yes I wash my fucking hands, almost compulsive with that) and the button section just feels cheap, it's like it is only covered in a thin plastic.

I already had to swap the usb cable because of the shit mouse having a cable shorter than my dick, which led to some moding as the connector wasn't in the correct order. So since I'm working on it, might as well go full retard on it.

The good mouse has a chip in it though, hopefully it is not to help process the scan of the sensor or that will just lead to way too much of a hassle.
>>
Stop being poor and buy the Logitech g502
>>
File: 1416602353803.jpg (138 KB, 693x693) Image search: [Google]
1416602353803.jpg
138 KB, 693x693
>>52652910
>"gaming" labels
>obnoxious design and colors
>>
>>52652910
Clear bait.

The jig is up, on tracing that chip I found out that it doesn't access the sensor, I was about to get on with it and then I noticed that my math skills are sub par, the good sensor has 12 connections and the shit one has 8. I'm calling out on this one, thanks for the input though guys.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.