[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is anyone aware of a way to get free cell phone service through
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
File: 14525098654941.jpg (34 KB, 620x716) Image search: [Google]
14525098654941.jpg
34 KB, 620x716
Is anyone aware of a way to get free cell phone service through some sort of hack or something? I heard stories but never seen the real deal.
>>
>>52645738
freedompop
>>
>>52645738
It's bullshit. You can probably get free VOIP service but you'll still have to pay for a data plan.
>>
>>52645738
No, and if something of the sort comes up, it'll be slow, crap, and likely ad supported.

If you're in the US, depending on state there are some plans where you can get a cellphone through medicaid if you are sufficiently poor and disabled. It's free but it's a basic thing that just has voice and SMS, and comes with something like 200 minutes per month.

You can get basic service pretty cheap on prepaid or pay-as-you-go plans depending on what you need. Both ways are no-contract, so all you have to do to cancel is quit paying. There are also no surprise charges since you pay for the service before you get it.
>>
>>52645738
Used to be rather simple, but it's not so simple anymore. But it remains possible, I've seen it in action. Thing is, the tech is a bit well beyond our reach now, it requires some intimate knowledge with that stuff, and it take a GSM expert a lot of free time to come up with something, along with a 0day exploit, only to be patched rather quickly if it is used massively.
>>
>>52645738
Calling 911 is free.
>>
File: 1453888809824-384547424.jpg (1 MB, 2400x3200) Image search: [Google]
1453888809824-384547424.jpg
1 MB, 2400x3200
>>52647451
This.

My brother got one and he gave it to me because he has no use for it..

I don't either, I just use it to sell amazon fire sticks with kodi installed on craigslist.

500 minutes a month.
>>
set uid == %blackperson

get free everything
>>
You can get free cellphone coverage depending on your income through the government in the US.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.