[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thoughts on these? I need them mainly because I live in a kinda
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2
File: qc25.png (199 KB, 626x303) Image search: [Google]
qc25.png
199 KB, 626x303
Thoughts on these?

I need them mainly because I live in a kinda noisy place and have to study, but I'm also interested in the sound quality.
>>
Bose is ridiculed as the "no highs, no lows" company, which is pretty easily noticeable to anyone who experiences even entry level quality equipment from a reputable company, but conversely they seem to have the noise cancelling thing down. Whether they're worth the $300 depends on your situation; I know frequent travelers who swear by the things, but there's also a multitude of earbuds and plugs options out there.

If isolation is your priority, apparently their earphones are even more effective:

http://thewirecutter.com/reviews/best-noise-cancelling-in-ear-headphones/
>>
Headphones ruin your ears

Invest in sound isolation
>>
The only Bose product that ever sounded good, and I mean truly produced fantastic sound from source material, was the original AM-5 AcoustiMass system which was really the first proper 2.1 system ever made. They introduced those back around 1984-1985 and they were just fucking awesome.

Everything before that and everything since has never sounded like much, typically way too much bass and midrange due to shoddy design (they had the right idea, they just never seemed to truly perfect it) with their acoustic baffles/tubes, and generally they are the Apple of speaker hardware:

Shit, without great actual output, and overpriced in extreme ways for no really good reason.

They do know something about noise cancellation, I'll give them that much, because they've been producing headsets for the aircraft industry for decades but when it comes to actual good sounding audio, forget it.

Their consumer hardware is shit, and again it's overpriced in the fucking extremes.

You should move on from them to something else, what that might be will require research on your part.
>>
File: Warped_CustomMonitors_15.jpg (222 KB, 580x386) Image search: [Google]
Warped_CustomMonitors_15.jpg
222 KB, 580x386
>>52629982
just get ear dildos, you'll get both the best sound and isolation
>>
I'm inexperienced in audio, so I can't speak for the sound quality, but I tried these on in a store recently and holy fuck they were comfortable. Like angels were humping my ears.
>>
>>52630267
I don't know how the ear dildos that get recommended are but the shure se215s have amazing isolation and build quality. I'd use them when I had to sleep and there were parties happening in my room and I couldn't hear a single thing it was great.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.