[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Well, it finally fucking happened. Logged in or not, the botnet
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3
Well, it finally fucking happened.
Logged in or not, the botnet is requiring you pick out pictures of foods 100% now. No more OCR word.
The metadata of what pictures you pick will help jewgle make more expensive advertisements.
>>
>>47788723
Where are they getting these images? Can we poison the well?
>>
File: Untitled.png (9 KB, 539x126) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
9 KB, 539x126
>>47788723
Holy shit that was so difficult to get around.
>>
>>47788723
>>
>>47788723
It isn't only food, I once got street signals.
>>
More expensive ads?

At first I heard the words were them scanning books, and I thought that was a good purpose.

Then the numbers were people's addresses, and I felt a little weird about that.

Why now food?
>>
Logged in where? I haven't seen one of these.
>>
>>47788903
The hell did you do?

(also, all pictures for me)
>>
>>47788723
What the fuck is this? It plays a weird sound.
>>
what blows my mind the most is the simple fact that 4chan fully embraces the botnet.
>>
>>47789098
Because googles image search is fucking garbage now
>>
>>47789144
Use a user agent switcher addon to set your user agent to something like in the screenshot. As long as "Android" is in the parenthesis it should work.
>>
Why?
>>
>>47789144
He switch his UA that doesn't support that captcha test.
>>
>>47788758
Did you know that Google images are a thing? And no, these captcha are not training anything. They have Google-people-recorded answers to everything.
>>
Why would it matter if we don't actually choose based on what we want, aside to get the correct answer.
>>
What's legit a decent *chan without google captcha?
>>
>>47789098
It's incredibly difficult for robots to correctly game the system of identifying images. Only people can reliably solve these captcha which is the basis of why captcha even exists.
>>
>>47789211
8 chan
>>
>>47789187
>>47789195
It might be a retarded question (well, i AM retarded, technologically speaking) but what is a "User Agent"?
>>
>>47789234
He said decent.
>>
>>47789247
It's just a string that tells a website what browser you're using. Except it's easy as hell to spoof and should never be used for that purpose because of that.
>>
>>47789247
it's a thing that tricks another thing into believing your something else
pretty gay tbh
>>
>>47789247
If only there was some sort of way to search the Internet's web pages. It's too bad that such a thing doesn't exist, I bet someone could sell advertising for providing such a service.
>>
>>47788903
>report android tablet
>all sites serve you mobile content now

wow great fix friend
>>
>>47789258
eighto channy
>>
The thing is, the images it has you searching for are all known. For example, I get a CAPTCHA that states I'm supposed to find all the cakes. There are only two images of cakes and only selecting one is too few and selecting anything else seems to result in a fail and i get street signs which have significantly more images that are similar.

However, what I just tried is if you select the two known the rest seem to be unknowns. I was tasked to select Sushi for this post. There were two images of sushi. I selected both and selected a third which was Mac n Cheese. I passed and was able to post.
>>
>>47789290
That's why you use a switcher addon retard.
>>
>>47789300
>bloat
yup, great answer. thanks for playing!
>>
>>47788903
interesting. browsing with android on my phone with 5" screen I still get the image captchas. why wouldn't it work with tablets?
>>
>>47788723
Really? They did not show up for me.
>>
>>47789321
maybe you've been selected
>>
all i ever get is the following
wine
cakes
bread
sushi
soup
>>
>>47789294
That's the point, I would say. It has two verification and images and when an image isn't selected it's marked as "Not Sushi", so it doesn't appear in results for "Sushi pictures". If and when a non-verification picture is selected it's tagged as "Possibly Sushi" and being tagged as that more often, i.e. selected from the non-verified pictures makes it more relevant to "Sushi pictures" searches.
>>
google is epic gogocle keeps it real with the sushi photos hahah fuken weebs man alahu akbar brothers
>>
They seem to be related to cookies, if u av ur ff set to not store them the images will not show for the first post. After that (it seems to me) you store cookies and the images bevin to show. Easy 'hack' you refresh the page so you no longer have the cookie stored. Some times a simple refresh won't do it but hitting enter on the url bar will, at least for me.
>>
test
>>
>people actually felt weird about entering addresses

why? the signs with the numbers are there for a reason
>>
>>47788723
Test
>>
>>47789890
Exactly.
>>
>>47789211
2chan
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.